Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 11   Посвећено од стране: 137 users
13.05.2011 - 10:31
Hi again

Can anyone confirm if when creating scenarios all sides have access to the same units? as I would like to create scenario's where there are two or three sides, but have access to differing units. If not could it be done? E.g. Team 1 access unit list A, team 2 access unit list B. Also can you edit unit stats??

Once again thanks for your replies.

A.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.05.2011 - 13:47
Написао allotment, 13.05.2011 at 10:31

Can anyone confirm if when creating scenarios all sides have access to the same units?

Yes

I would like to create scenario's where there are two or three sides, but have access to differing units. If not could it be done? E.g. Team 1 access unit list A, team 2 access unit list B.

Cannot be done. Would be awesome if it could, add a whole new dimension to scenarios (i.e. Spartans for sparta, not for all). The problem is that it could get unbalanced allowing all new units - would be better to have two default infantry slots you could change, and allow one type of infantry for one team and another type of infantry for the other - renaming each base infantry unit to be unique. So they are both really infantry, just different cosmetically.

Also can you edit unit stats??

No
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.05.2011 - 16:33
Написао Guest14502, 13.05.2011 at 13:47

I would like to create scenario's where there are two or three sides, but have access to differing units. If not could it be done? E.g. Team 1 access unit list A, team 2 access unit list B.

Cannot be done. Would be awesome if it could, add a whole new dimension to scenarios (i.e. Spartans for sparta, not for all). The problem is that it could get unbalanced allowing all new units - would be better to have two default infantry slots you could change, and allow one type of infantry for one team and another type of infantry for the other - renaming each base infantry unit to be unique. So they are both really infantry, just different cosmetically.

I really like this idea, because it would add to the atmosphere of the game. In a 400 B.C. game it would be more than awesome to have legionary-infantry for the Romans and Barbarian-infantry for Gauls.
Same with Pretorian-Cavalry as Tanks and Gaulish-Aristocracy as tanks.

I know, that this is not a new idea, but I really like to draw your attention to this, because I think that out there are more people who would like that.
----

[img]http://atwar-game.com/user/18214/signature.png[/img]

Написао Grimm, 13.03.2014 at 18:28

So yeah, let's fight the anti-Viking lobby together!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.05.2011 - 18:09
Intresting. If I understand you correctly, I think this may work. How about we have it set up so that each player has access to the same units they are just diffrent names and diffrent pictures.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
19.05.2011 - 04:58
Hi

My question/proposal came from the scenario I created (Machine World Order -based on the terminator universe) initally I wanted a human vs machine scenario, but due to only having access to one unit list, it had to be machine vs machine. If there the units lists could be cloned so while the stats would be the same, the images and names could be altered. I feel this would give scenario's more of an authentic feel. For unit stats again real world for example WW2, German Panzers and troops were superior to all other nations, thus if they could be edited higher stats but at a higher cost, while British and US tanks and troops would be lower cost, but lower stats. The onlt issue I see is balancing, which could be difficult?? Anyway, thanks for reading and your replies!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
14.08.2011 - 11:15
Frankly I'd love the ability to have more control over the units. Altering their stats and who can use them. Sure it wouldn't be balanced but then, if a scenerio isn't balanced people wouldn't play it. The vanilla game would remain balanced, scenerios are just there for people to make what they want. Would kinda remind me of the SC/WC3/SC2 custom game scene. The more control players have over their creations, the more unique scenerios we can get.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.01.2013 - 12:12
Well things changed since the start of this thread, but I still have problems with units in scenarios. I wanted to create a scenario with different units for the different teams and additional mercenary units, who can only be recruited in certain countries regardless of the team. I know the options for limiting units to countries and "limit reinforcements to own units only" in the map editor, but this doesn't seem to be enough to edit it right.
If 1st option is on and 2nd off, I can set the mercenaries for the countries, but all teams can access all team specific units or these units are bound to countries not teams/players. If both options are on, players can either just access team specific units or if mercenaries set in a home country, can build these available mercenaries everywhere.
In the other cases every unit is available for everyone.

Why isn't there an option like "Limit unit to player: " in the scenario editor?!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.01.2013 - 05:54
Написао Lingdao, 03.01.2013 at 12:12

Well things changed since the start of this thread, but I still have problems with units in scenarios. I wanted to create a scenario with different units for the different teams and additional mercenary units, who can only be recruited in certain countries regardless of the team. I know the options for limiting units to countries and "limit reinforcements to own units only" in the map editor, but this doesn't seem to be enough to edit it right.
If 1st option is on and 2nd off, I can set the mercenaries for the countries, but all teams can access all team specific units or these units are bound to countries not teams/players. If both options are on, players can either just access team specific units or if mercenaries set in a home country, can build these available mercenaries everywhere.
In the other cases every unit is available for everyone.

Why isn't there an option like "Limit unit to player: " in the scenario editor?!

The LOTR scenario means each player as seperate and unique units. I dont get how.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.01.2013 - 10:41
Написао Tik-Tok, 09.01.2013 at 05:54

The LOTR scenario means each player as seperate and unique units. I dont get how.

1) Limit the unique units to their respective countries
2) Limit Home Country Unit Production
3) Make scenario with those specific countries grouped by player (Mordor, Isengard etc)
4) Play and everyone will have different units
(sorry Talos if I hijacked your explanation :|)
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.01.2013 - 13:10
Написао ezzatam, 09.01.2013 at 10:41

Написао Tik-Tok, 09.01.2013 at 05:54

1) Limit the unique units to their respective countries
2) Limit Home Country Unit Production
3) Make scenario with those specific countries grouped by player (Mordor, Isengard etc)
4) Play and everyone will have different units
(sorry Talos if I hijacked your explanation :|)

From what I remember, no matter hwat country I took, I could only build the same units. Is that correct?

What or where is ''Limit Home Country Production''
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
10.01.2013 - 13:13
Maybe he meant the option "Limit reinforcements to own units only" ?! However this option can be found under "Map Options" -> "Advanced" in the map editor.
If you want the players to have different units, you have to limit the units to the home countries of the corresponding players of the scenaario by using the option "Limit to countries: " for each unit. You also need to activate the option "Limit reinforcements to own units only".

P.S.:
Do I have to post this suggestion, I mentioned earlier , in another thread, if I want Amok or Ivan to answer it?
Написао Lingdao, 03.01.2013 at 12:12

I think it would make the atWar editor less complicated.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине