Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 25   Посвећено од стране: 115 users
25.01.2015 - 14:13
 time
I really like this game, no matter how boring it has been lately I always feel tempted to come back and play a game or two, or maybe just to chat. But the thing is AW is a game with so much potential, yet nearly no development at all.
I'm not judging the admins' work, in fact I must say they're doing a spectacular job. But let's face it, two people, no matter how talented and hard-working they might be, simply cannot manage to develop a game like this while frequently fixing all the bugs and trying to improve the game's features etc...
That's why I suggest that we run an Indiegogo campaign in order to crowd-fund AW. For this game to be a big thing among all the other strategy games out there it needs a lot of work, it needs funding.
What is Indiegogo you ask? ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiegogo
The best way to go through this is to assign the job of running the campaign to a couple of dedicated AW players who will work in coordination with the admins. In my personal opinion a lot of potential funders on Indiegogo will find the game very interesting and worth the investment. And the admins have literally nothing to lose, but if the campaign kicks off it could change everything in terms of this game's development.
All the funds will go straight to the admins, and I'm sure there are tons of ways to improve AW once it's properly funded. At least this would give admins the chance to think more about the concept of the game rather than waste precious time on technical stuff.
Please share your ideas and comments and thanks for reading!
----
I wf'd UK
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 15:39
Написао Earthbound, 25.01.2015 at 14:17

Support!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 16:25
Support.
----
It's not the end.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 16:38
Already tried it and send a PM to ivan about the total amount they would need to get html5 faster etc, turned out that it would cost to much and no amount could be given. (this includes their time they need to spend on their main work)
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 16:53
 time
Написао Azula., 25.01.2015 at 16:38

Already tried it and send a PM to ivan about the total amount they would need to get html5 faster etc, turned out that it would cost to much and no amount could be given. (this includes their time they need to spend on their main work)

Indiegogo has a large community of generous people. Other games of equal potentials are getting hundreds of thousands of dollars within a month, it's worth a shot in my opinion. Again there's nothing to lose, so why not?
----
I wf'd UK
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 17:11
Написао time, 25.01.2015 at 16:53

Написао Azula., 25.01.2015 at 16:38

Indiegogo has a large community of generous people. Other games of equal potentials are getting hundreds of thousands of dollars within a month, it's worth a shot in my opinion. Again there's nothing to lose, so why not?

Sure me and others support it. Then this time you should try and convince ivan to give an amount of money that they need, so that we know what we should reach
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 19:44
Admins will say no, and then wonder why they don't get anything done.
----

TJM !!!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2015 - 22:56
Crowd funding is a good idea.
If enough money is raised, they could potentially hire a coder/programmer no?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.01.2015 - 03:25
 Eagle (Модератор)
This is a great idea, but I've seen few of them like this got refused . Its a fact that 2 of them cant handle all this work alone. Im not saying they arent doing their job well, they are doing an extremely well considering that they are a team made of 2 people. I just dont get how can few volunteers do any damage...
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.01.2015 - 04:44
I find your idea quite interesting.
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.01.2015 - 05:30
Hm... why not? Helping admins is always a nice thing to do right? Let the raising begin!

This raise might even work as an advertisment as well as an attempt to raise money
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.01.2015 - 17:44
Support
----
Creator of banal posts
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.01.2015 - 17:47
Death1812
Профил је обрисан
Написао Earthbound, 25.01.2015 at 14:17

Support!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.01.2015 - 23:24
IndieGoGo isn't so much a site where people with extra money find projects to fund, like Kickstarter. Rather, these games that are getting hundreds of thousands of dollars have established media presences or playerbases from previous games.

I don't think this would work.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 03:50
 time
Написао Kaliraa, 26.01.2015 at 23:24

IndieGoGo isn't so much a site where people with extra money find projects to fund, like Kickstarter. Rather, these games that are getting hundreds of thousands of dollars have established media presences or playerbases from previous games.

We can launch the campaign on Kickstarter instead if there's a better chance there (if that's what you mean). We can discuss these details later on once the main idea has been approved by the admins (speaking of that plz admins/mods give me your opinion about this thread).
As for the low chance of this whole thing working, I've seen games get funded before even existing, the game creators just showed early sketches and elaborated the concept to convince potential funders. Whereas AW already exists, and looks very promising so I actually see this as a huge advantage over other campaigns.
----
I wf'd UK
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 06:36
Написао time, 27.01.2015 at 03:50

Написао Kaliraa, 26.01.2015 at 23:24

We can launch the campaign on Kickstarter instead if there's a better chance there (if that's what you mean). We can discuss these details later on once the main idea has been approved by the admins (speaking of that plz admins/mods give me your opinion about this thread).
As for the low chance of this whole thing working, I've seen games get funded before even existing, the game creators just showed early sketches and elaborated the concept to convince potential funders. Whereas AW already exists, and looks very promising so I actually see this as a huge advantage over other campaigns.

kaliraa is troll dont pay attention to him... Support btw
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 11:16
 Ivan (Админ)
Thanks for the support guys. A few thoughts:

- I believe Kickstarter is for US only (at least it used to be), so we don't qualify.
- An IndieGoGo campaign would take a lot of effort to arrange, and let's face it, we suck at self-promotion.
- The outcome is questionable - the game already exists and is in a good shape, why would anybody other than hardcore players care about improving it.
- Even if we collect some amount of money, I don't know what we can offer. I doubt Amok would quit his job, and hiring another programmer at this point seems more trouble than it's worth. Once we're done with the HTML5 update, one programmer should be enough for supporting the game and weeding out bugs. So, I feel it would be disingenuous to take campaign money and not provide something tangible in return.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 12:34
Написао Ivan, 27.01.2015 at 11:16

- I believe Kickstarter is for US only (at least it used to be), so we don't qualify.
- An IndieGoGo campaign would take a lot of effort to arrange, and let's face it, we suck at self-promotion.
- The outcome is questionable - the game already exists are is in a good shape, why would anybody other than hardcore players care about improving it.
- Even if we collect some amount of money, I don't know what we can offer. I doubt Amok would quit his job, and hiring another programmer at this point seems more trouble than it's worth. Once we're done with the HTML5 update, one programmer should be enough for supporting the game and weeding out bugs. So, I feel it would be disingenuous to take campaign money and not provide something tangible in return.

Good points.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 13:06
 time

- The outcome is questionable - the game already exists are is in a good shape, why would anybody other than hardcore players care about improving it.

You made very good points there, and I respect your decision. My only intention was to help and I thought some financial support for the game wouldn't hurt. If you somehow change your mind about this later on I am willing to put some serious effort to make this happen.
Good luck on the HTML5 update and hope things only get better with time (no pun intended).
----
I wf'd UK
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 13:09
 Eagle (Модератор)
Написао time, 27.01.2015 at 13:06

You made very good points there, and I respect your decision. My only intention was to help and I thought some financial support for the game wouldn't hurt. If you somehow change your mind about this later on I am willing to put some serious effort to make this happen.
Good luck on the HTML5 update and hope things only get better with time (no pun intended).

This game only needs promoting, nothing else
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 13:20
 time
Написао Eagle, 27.01.2015 at 13:09

This game only needs promoting, nothing else

I partially disagree with you, promoting is essential for the game to further develop that's true. But also the game misses something, there's a lot of repetition and somehow a lot of limitations on units and so. This is something that discourages new players to learn the game and start playing it.
----
I wf'd UK
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 13:40
Написао time, 27.01.2015 at 13:20

But also the game misses something, there's a lot of repetition and somehow a lot of limitations on units and so.

I think repetition is something usual when it comes to playing games right? And what do you mean by that unit limitation?
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 14:02
 time
Написао RaulPB, 27.01.2015 at 13:40

I think repetition is something usual when it comes to playing games right? And what do you mean by that unit limitation?

Repetition might be a bit usual, but there has to be some way around it where you can be creative and unique in the way you play the game which makes you one of the best players. In AW there isn't, if you wanna win you have to memorize the expansions, every good EU+ first turn expansion has been explored by now and there's simply not much to discover; just learn and apply.
As for the unit limitations, sadly the number of units in the game is relatively very low. And as simple as it can be, tanks have high attack infantry have high defense and militia are cheap that's it. To make this a "real strategy game" in my opinion the game has to be much more complex. The ability to destroy enemy stacks by placing a sniper in a strategical place for example or using anti-tanks to defend where you know he will attack with tanks and not infantry. Now that's something that requires intelligence and skills. Upgrading your units while in the battle, making some of the cities unable to produce a certain unit (tanks for example) etc... I already said this game has a lot of potentials and there are many ways to improve it without changing the little things that make it the game we all like.
----
I wf'd UK
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 15:31
Написао Nations, 27.01.2015 at 06:36

kaliraa is troll dont pay attention to him... Support btw

I guess you're too new to the game to know who I am, but, I'm definitely not a troll. I'm a respected member of the old community, and a realist.

It would be great if this idea would work, and I respect time's suggestion, but, it's really, really hard to get this type of funding. Sometimes, games which do promotions REALLY well, and receive extensive coverage in gaming media, do well, but, for every one which meets its goal, there are many more which do not.

Like Ivan said, there's little reason for people to pay for an IndieGoGo campaign. I doubt there are more than 20 people on in the AW community who would be willing to contribute money (AW is a free game, which isn't pay2win, so, its community is disinclined to spend money, besides the really hardcore players. Also, IndieGoGo carries a poor reputation relative to Kickstarter, because it's often used for flexible funding, which doesn't always deliver—some people run with the money, and never produce a product, even when they have had a good history as developers.

Additionally, turn based strategy is a very niche genre. It doesn't appeal as widely as, say, spiritual successors to old games.

It's easy to say "support btw," but it's harder to actually think about an idea, instead of mindlessly going along with the crowd (again, though, I think time had a right idea, and I don't mean to insult him).
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.01.2015 - 15:50
AW>WoW>DoTa2>LoL gg no re !
----
Cuva BOG Srbina svog!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине