Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 151   Посвећено од стране: 108 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Garde, 13.03.2015 - 21:53
I haven't posted here in ages, so I have no fucking clue why the ToS was updated to its current form. Furthermore, I was only given information to the change by a friend of mine- no email was sent out, neither was any alert presented upon logging in. In my book, this is quite deceptive and shifty, considering Amok & Ivan have also chosen to use vague legal jargon-phrases, as well as demand you rend all of your rights within your works their's by default. I know many users create works of art with their maps, and would never share their content knowing it wouldn't be their's ever again.

As a three-year semi-professional graphic designer and two-year creative director, I recognize that they probably do not give a shit about what I've made, how much time I've put into it, or what the content entails, but rather that popularity is kept within certain maps, communal quivering and dev-owned capital is low, and profit continues to flow inward. Moreover, I doubt they wish, or would utilize my works for any sort of benefit beyond this. But even then, under that assumption, I must protest to the fact that I do not wish for anyone but myself to gain royalties off of my own work. I'm already bound by the facets of the new ToS simply by logging in and not being given an option to accept or reject said facets, but by what accord? Which system of law shall enforce these rules? How can I, or anyone be sure of there legality and transparency? What gives you the legitimate authority to keep my work as your own if I ever decide to delete and wipe my account of all assets and creations?

You have no right to do this, by any means. If you've felt pressured or angered by anything the community has done to create this dilemma, deal with it and enforce a non-binding policy regarding issues, or simply tell whiny assholes to deal with it. These ToS will not work by any means, and you will (if you haven't already) see more and more of the same, shitty content that comes from the platitudes of creative minds in this community that has stagnated most opinions and growth for much time now. This could very well be your nail in the coffin, mind you: The one thing that many people I know have come here to play, has been custom maps. Without any sort of quality anymore, your game will die entirely, beyond players eternally addicted, or those stricken with poverty and living in the slums of Whogivesafuckistan.

The final line: I have content present on this website under the guise of my old account which I can no longer access. If I am not able to decline these new ToS with each and every account at the earliest convenience, I implore that you, the staff of AtWar / Protobytes, delete said content and solidify my personal opinion in regards to matters dealing with the ToS and myself.

Thank you for your time, generosity, and haste in regards to your fanbase.
21.03.2015 - 07:15
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине