Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 119   Посвећено од стране: 140 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Permamuted, 09.05.2015 - 11:00
Thanks for ruining the point of the seasonal elo system. I guess ill just stop wasting my time competing.

or perhaps we can start getting some moderation on this system?
11.05.2015 - 08:18
Написао Columna Durruti, 11.05.2015 at 08:10

From the AW rules:
Цитирај:
3. The term "Farming" is used to describe the process of playing a game with the sole purpose of gaining SP or ELO. This is considered cheating and exploitative and is not allowed. For example: Joining a game with 2 accounts, playing with first and second coalitions, playing or creating a scenario/map for gaining SP or ELO only.

Applies to this case?

Is it exploitative? ...yes it is.
Can it ruin the seasonal elo competition? ...yes it can.
Therefor, should it be punishable with disqualification from the competition ...your damn right it should.
Confirm with admins, and punish the offenders.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 09:16
Написао Goblin, 11.05.2015 at 08:18

From the AW rules:
Цитирај:
3. The term "Farming" is used to describe the process of playing a game with the sole purpose of gaining SP or ELO. This is considered cheating and exploitative and is not allowed. For example: Joining a game with 2 accounts, playing with first and second coalitions, playing or creating a scenario/map for gaining SP or ELO only.

Applies to this case?

Is it exploitative? ...yes it is.
Can it ruin the seasonal elo competition? ...yes it can.
Therefor, should it be punishable with disqualification from the competition ...your damn right it should.
Confirm with admins, and punish the offenders.

wasn't farming, It was gambling. I think it adds another flavor to dueling. To punish the 'offenders' in this case would be wrong, see it wasn't farming, but mere betting.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:18
Написао Guest, 11.05.2015 at 06:55

bla just read previous posts, and stop quoting me for only insults

I didn't quote you only to insult you. The elo system works a specific way; you are not using it the way it is intended to be used. There is no gambling involved.

Regardless of how you feel about the fairness of the system, the system is the way it is. If you really feel it is unfair, propose a new system and if it is a good system it will be implemented.

You cannot cheat the system because you feel it is unfair. The rest of atwar considers it a fair system and they play by the rules. You are not above anybody else. You have to play by the same rules as everybody else. If not, you should be disqualified.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:23
 Acquiesce (Модератор)
Gambling ELO quite obviously undermines the system which calculates points based on 1 game not 5 or 10. My personal view is this kind of behavior should be prohibited. And yes, I do consider it a form of ELO farming.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:27
Написао Google, 11.05.2015 at 09:16

wasn't farming, It was gambling. I think it adds another flavor to dueling. To punish the 'offenders' in this case would be wrong, see it wasn't farming, but mere betting.

Hi, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

That is how the system works. It has been used for over 75 years now and it is still logically sound. The fact that some moron feels it is "unfair" is ignorant considering this system was developed by hardcore mathematicians and justified by statisticians over the decades.

"Gambling" is misusing the system, therefore anybody who gains elo through it should be punished because they are not using the system correctly.

Don't even bother with a "it adds flavor" you would have thought that over the years, if this system does need updating, it would have been updated by now.

The system is the way it is. Don't like it? Propose a new system. Don't cheat it.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:29
Написао Fockmeeard, 11.05.2015 at 13:27

Написао Google, 11.05.2015 at 09:16

Hi, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

That is how the system works. It has been used for over 75 years now and it is still logically sound. The fact that some moron feels it is "unfair" is ignorant considering this system was developed by hardcore mathematicians and justified by statisticians over the decades.

"Gambling" is misusing the system, therefore anybody who gains elo through it should be punished because they are not using the system correctly.

Don't even bother with a "it adds flavor" you would have thought that over the years, if this system does need updating, it would have been updated by now.

The system is the way it is. Don't like it? Propose a new system. Don't cheat it.

Until admins come out and specifically say this is right or wrong, i don't think that rules prohibit or accept this.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:35
Написао Google, 11.05.2015 at 13:29

Until admins come out and specifically say this is right or wrong, i don't think that rules prohibit or accept this.

Punishments are not given based on whether a user thinks it is acceptable or not.
----
Написао Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:36
Just fucking ban the retarded dumbass who think he can be above the law.
----

TJM !!!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:37

I swear, sometimes I wonder if most of the people that play this game log on through a computer in a fucking retard camp.

The admins implemented the ELO SYSTEM. This is not their own creation. They are using a system created by somebody else.This is the system -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Therefore, we follow the rules of the elo system. Nowhere does it state that gambling elo is allowed. It clearly states how a player wins/loses elo. Want to know if gambling elo is an appopriate method to win elo? Go ahead and contact the USCF (people that came up with the system) directly and let me know what they say.

For whatever reason, you picked the wrong side of the debate and now you're trying to justify your stance and you're only looking like a retard in the process. Swallow your pride and back down.

Gambling is not how you win elo with this system. Period. End of story.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:40
Написао notserral, 11.05.2015 at 13:35

Punishments are not given based on whether a user thinks it is acceptable or not.

true, but the rules do not say it is unacceptable to bet elo.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:46
Написао Google, 11.05.2015 at 13:40

That's farming. Rules apply to it.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 13:53
 Acquiesce (Модератор)
Написао Fockmeeard, 11.05.2015 at 13:37

I swear, sometimes I wonder if most of the people that play this game log on through a computer in a fucking retard camp.

The admins implemented the ELO SYSTEM. This is not their own creation. They are using a system created by somebody else.This is the system -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.05.2015 - 23:15
Gonzo
Профил је обрисан
Best quote ever:

"I swear, sometimes I wonder if most of the people that play this game log on through a computer in a fucking retard camp."

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
12.05.2015 - 02:46
Написао notserral, 11.05.2015 at 13:46

Going forward, what measures will be taken to:
a) resolve the current issue?
b) prevent the same issue happening again?
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
12.05.2015 - 05:11
Написао Sun Tsu, 12.05.2015 at 02:46

Написао notserral, 11.05.2015 at 13:46

Going forward, what measures will be taken to:
a) resolve the current issue?
b) prevent the same issue happening again?

We're discussing it internally.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.05.2015 - 13:23
Lol I used to remember the times when I farmed sp with LDK for a short while, a little more than two and a half years ago. A one-time small period of farming.
It was a small farming though, not mega-farming like when people-farmers gathers insane amount of sp.

I got caught and I was slapped with massive sp deduction in rank and sp upgrades, it came out of nowhere like I just received a surprise buttsex.
I had to grind sp legally for months to get back to where I was before farming.

Since then, I never farmed in any kind of sp and elo.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.05.2015 - 13:31
Написао Mrs Tickle, 13.05.2015 at 13:23

Lol I used to remember the times when I farmed sp with LDK for a short while, a little more than two and a half years ago. A one-time small period of farming.
It was a small farming though, not mega-farming like when people-farmers gathers insane amount of sp.

I got caught and I was slapped with massive sp deduction in rank and sp upgrades, it came out of nowhere like I just received a surprise buttsex.
I had to grind sp legally for months to get back to where I was before farming.

Since then, I never farmed in any kind of sp and elo.

you are cute
----

Написао Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.05.2015 - 13:35
Цитирај:
Цитирај:

you are cute

<3
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.05.2015 - 18:06
Цитирај:
Цитирај:
Написао Mrs Tickle, 13.05.2015 at 13:35

you are cute

<3
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
14.05.2015 - 18:33

you really wanna bet that bad bbt protocions, Stop trying to justify this. People who are betting and swapping elo are simply messing up a competition for people who are really trying to win it. Farming with a bit of a risk entailed is still farming.
Your never gonna see qualification places for the worldcup being decided on a bet that the managers make at the start of a game.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
14.05.2015 - 18:33
I can barely even believe that this argument is happening.
what ever happened to fair play or brainpower.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
14.05.2015 - 18:40
Написао Netre, 14.05.2015 at 18:33

you really wanna bet that bad bbt protocions, Stop trying to justify this. People who are betting and swapping elo are simply messing up a competition for people who are really trying to win it. Farming with a bit of a risk entailed is still farming.
Your never gonna see qualification places for the worldcup being decided on a bet that the managers make at the start of a game.

Admins have come out and said it is illegal, I am not gonna argue.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.05.2015 - 09:18
35 day is really harsh, they didnt deserved longer ban then 10 days. D

Edit : Why Trolvis isnt baned ? Ban him on 36 days...
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.05.2015 - 11:17

Написао clovis1122, 09.05.2015 at 12:10

Also, we can't get punish for a rule that was not written. That's what bad parent does

From the AW rules:
Цитирај:

Applies to this case?

Sorry for late replying.

But why you quote this rule and not the other one about pillory?

If this thread was made for pillory players (As title and content suggest) It should had been locked by rule #14.

If this thread was made for discuss about the ELO gambling (as the bottom of the OP suggest) then it should had be posted on a thread that was made for it before.

You see what I mean with "Mod's interpretation of the rules"...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.05.2015 - 14:52
Soldier001
Профил је обрисан
Написао clovis1122, 15.05.2015 at 11:17

Also, we can't get punish for a rule that was not written. That's what bad parent does

From the AW rules:
Цитирај:

Applies to this case?

Sorry for late replying.

If this thread was made for pillory players (As title and content suggest) It should had been locked by rule #14.

If this thread was made for discuss about the ELO gambling (as the bottom of the OP suggest) then it should had be posted on a thread that was made for it before.

clovis is cursed don't duel him or you will loose your elo 2 Opportunities:
1)Clovis defeats you in duel
2)You defeat Clovis but mods take all your elo
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.05.2015 - 15:01
Написао Guest, 15.05.2015 at 14:52

Написао clovis1122, 15.05.2015 at 11:17

From the AW rules:
Цитирај:

Applies to this case?

Sorry for late replying.

clovis is cursed don't duel him or you will loose your elo 2 Opportunities:
1)Clovis defeats you in duel
2)You defeat Clovis but mods take all your elo

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.05.2015 - 18:16
Well now that I've got time, I will try to construct a more serious reply...

At the start I didn't took this thread serious. Because it is obvious pillory (idk why mods haven't locked this yet ! answer me !). But I can see that many things happened when I took a little retirement...

As for my defense, I do think gambling ELO is bad. I've won and lost many times and I've done it in the past with Innate. It does ruin competition and should be punished.

However, is my belief that the rules should'be exploited. And with exploit I mean, find an error and take advantage of it. This method is being used, for example, in Pokemon Show Down, where admins actually encourages the user to use and exploit any Pokemon combo that is considered by him as "OP" or "Ethically not acceptable".

Why? Because this helps them to fix those issues. If a Pokemon combo is indeed proven to be OP, then a rule is applied for prevent the use of that combo, or just change the Pokemon (if it is one Pokemon) to another Pokemon league (They made Mawile-MEGA UBER ftw !!!!!!!!) . In the same way, is for my belief that the Rules should'be exploited, because this guarantees that the Moderators are going to change it. Every exploit and every change only makes it harder to exploit and stronger.

As for the ELO gambling, I do think it is not written in the rules, and as such no action should had been took against Soldier. The interpretation of the rules should be as clear as possible for make them understandable for everybody. The rule #3, that Waffel (and then. Columna) had pointed here doesn't makes any reference to ELO Gambling. Additionally, it cannot be considered as "games played for obtain ELO" because it does requires skills. As Soldier say previously, just a regular game but winner earn huge reward.

However, as far as I've read mods "suddenly" consider that rule #3 includes ELO gambling. This is not something that can be argued about, and I won't argue about it.

But, if mods will "suddenly" start to implement this rule, then why starting now? What happened with the cases that were done in the past? I believe Soldier shouldn't be the only one punished. There are many others players who had done this before (me include). We should be punished too.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
19.06.2015 - 20:19
Clovis should be banned from duels . this is an outrage
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
19.06.2015 - 22:36
This has been solved. Locked.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине