Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 22   Посвећено од стране: 199 users
17.01.2016 - 20:28
The way I see with the current situation AW is facing is players and maps. Today I was talking with Sun Tzu and he told me that traffic is high but I've noticed the quality of maps has gone down. I think there needs to be something done about it.

For Example: Let's take a look at Warlight. When I joined AW in 2012 from Warlight, this place was amazing (even without custom maps at the time). World Games, scenarios were always filling up. 3v3 and clan wars were rampant. It was a good time back then.
Fast forward to 2015-16 and things have drastically changed. We barely see any World Games and great scenarios anymore. Custom maps were a plus but they seem to have fallen off. Roleplay seems to be the dominant game aside from 3v3 and clan wars still being around. It's just what I've noticed. though I could be wrong.

Warlight is very different from how it was 4 years ago to today and is still as strong, if not, even stronger. The only reason for that is the admin updating the game with stuff all the time. Now I know Amok and Ivan do their best, but they don't seem to do it as often.

Something the admins can implement is having Protocoin games. Warlight has a small window for coin games only and maybe it's something to look into with PC's instead.

Warlight has twitch.tv, I think Sun Tzu made a thread for AW having twitch, but it was declined. Only way to fix that is getting more players into the game.

If Amok, Ivan and Sun Tzu just go to Warlight and see how they do their stuff, maybe they can come up with their own ideas or implement some things from there to here.

I just think the only problem with AW is not enough updates or fancy stuff to drive players into this game. IMO, I think this site needs to be changed into something simpler. The lobby interface needs to run faster than it does now. I honestly don't think HTML5 was a good idea. I think it needs something that's simpler and runs faster.

If you would like to add something to this thread or you want to call me a dumb ass for making a useless thread, go ahead :^)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Ideas and Suggestions always need to be considered and looked at everyday, regardless how crappy or great it is. I've seen great suggestions that were never implemented.
----

TJM !!!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
17.01.2016 - 21:32
I used to play warlight alot before at-war or fomerly known as afterwind.
----
Hi
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
17.01.2016 - 23:39
Let's make a twitch anyway. We don't need approval from anyone.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.10.2016 - 14:07
If this game wasn't pay to play it'd probably do a bit better
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.10.2016 - 15:00
If Amok and Ivan would spend time developing this game, it would be good. The problem is they have stopped working on it. Plain and simple.
They need to a Sun Tzu of programming, then maybe they can go somewhere. Sun Tzu is only Admin doing anything around here....
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.10.2016 - 15:02
I am your shadow
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.10.2016 - 15:02
Actually a lot of beginners are joining, and it's the main room that's suffering from lack of players. There are a lot of people in beginner lobby and a lot of games. Also many people are passing from beginners into main which is why the quality of games has declined and World50k and Europe50k are becoming so common in main as well as the fact a lot of good players left and the rank 4s and 5s and 6s are more comfortable playing in main room since they won't get 'raped'.
With the old guard quitting or reducing activity, it's now up to the newbies to make atWar great again. It'll take a few months or maybe a year or so, but the game will probably endure unless the admins really fuck up and stay inactive for all that time. If they're taking a break until Christmas/New Year's it's all well and good. If they've quit completely, gg no re, AW was fun while it lasted...about 9 months for me bla
Think of it like population. It grows until it hits its peak, then slowly declines, the oldies die off or retire and talk about 'the olden days' while the decline halts, stabilizes and then population rises again. In this case, whether AW quality will rise again is entirely dependent on Ivan, Amok, and Sun. Let's face it. Mapmaker while certainly very important has been blown out way of proportion. It's not as important as the presence of knowing you have active devs that interact with the players (ala Sun's 150pc drop EU FFA game the day before), and a active polling for ideas and suggestions, and keeping updates, and new features rolling off the line.

Написао Guest84314, 26.10.2016 at 14:07

If this game wasn't pay to play it'd probably do a bit better

It's not pay to play, you're playing for free. If you're complaining about pay to win, well, every game needs its source of revenue whether from ads or special features. I don't know why you're complaining about this. I know a lot of games where it's impossible to complete certain missions/battles etc unless you purchase certain items/resources/units/health etc etc. AW is extremely lenient and I'm fed up of people complaining about how its unfair others have premium and they don't, so it should be made free... If it's made free what about the people who paid? Do we get our money back? Or are we the schmucks who did some hard work and actually paid with our own cash instead of sitting back and whining about how life is unfair, premium is OP plz nerf.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2016 - 12:33
Цитирај:
[/If this game wasn't pay to play it'd probably do a bit better
]
Compared to other games like warlight where everybody is even regardless of rank this games is very much pay to play. Cant even make team games for free, something that is a big feature in many online turn based war games. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it how I see it, i just reckon if a few more features were free this game might find it easier to keep new player interested in it, thats all i'm getting at mate.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 06:00
Написао PleaseMe, 17.01.2016 at 23:39

Go for it
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 07:48
Написао Darth., 26.10.2016 at 15:02

agree 100%, good post.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 14:20
Написао Sun Tsu, 29.10.2016 at 07:48

agree 100%, good post.

any chance to reduce custom map sp to 0?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 15:48
Написао Safari, 29.10.2016 at 06:00

Написао PleaseMe, 17.01.2016 at 23:39

Go for it

nice 11 months too late
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 19:36
Написао Tundy, 29.10.2016 at 14:20

agree 100%, good post.

which map
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 20:00
Написао Safari, 29.10.2016 at 19:36

agree 100%, good post.

which map

all custom maps
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 20:50
Написао Tundy, 29.10.2016 at 20:00

Написао Safari, 29.10.2016 at 19:36

agree 100%, good post.

which map

all custom maps

All custom maps..............except Lunatis right
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
29.10.2016 - 23:00

agree 100%, good post.

I'd really like to see this happen - as I'm sure you are aware though other updates will take priority - with severe time constraints making even those difficult.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
08.12.2016 - 04:31
Написао Skittzophrenic, 17.01.2016 at 20:28

The way I see with the current situation AW is facing is players and maps. Today I was talking with Sun Tzu and he told me that traffic is high but I've noticed the quality of maps has gone down. I think there needs to be something done about it.

For Example: Let's take a look at Warlight. When I joined AW in 2012 from Warlight, this place was amazing (even without custom maps at the time). World Games, scenarios were always filling up. 3v3 and clan wars were rampant. It was a good time back then.
Fast forward to 2015-16 and things have drastically changed. We barely see any World Games and great scenarios anymore. Custom maps were a plus but they seem to have fallen off. Roleplay seems to be the dominant game aside from 3v3 and clan wars still being around. It's just what I've noticed. though I could be wrong.

Warlight is very different from how it was 4 years ago to today and is still as strong, if not, even stronger. The only reason for that is the admin updating the game with stuff all the time. Now I know Amok and Ivan do their best, but they don't seem to do it as often.

Something the admins can implement is having Protocoin games. Warlight has a small window for coin games only and maybe it's something to look into with PC's instead.

Warlight has twitch.tv, I think Sun Tzu made a thread for AW having twitch, but it was declined. Only way to fix that is getting more players into the game.

If Amok, Ivan and Sun Tzu just go to Warlight and see how they do their stuff, maybe they can come up with their own ideas or implement some things from there to here.

I just think the only problem with AW is not enough updates or fancy stuff to drive players into this game. IMO, I think this site needs to be changed into something simpler. The lobby interface needs to run faster than it does now. I honestly don't think HTML5 was a good idea. I think it needs something that's simpler and runs faster.

If you would like to add something to this thread or you want to call me a dumb ass for making a useless thread, go ahead :^)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Ideas and Suggestions always need to be considered and looked at everyday, regardless how crappy or great it is. I've seen great suggestions that were never implemented.

HTML5 is future , like it or not, its future of programming, we have protocoin games, Sun Tzu make it regularly, we need to expand atwar through fb communities,gaming communities, to search advertiserers etc, and ATWAR creators need to find better servers although
----
It's scary how many possible genocidal war lords play this game, and i could be one of them
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
24.12.2016 - 18:07
Написао Skittzophrenic, 17.01.2016 at 20:28

cry little no social life virgin kid
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.01.2017 - 23:22
Написао Sun Tsu, 29.10.2016 at 23:00

agree 100%, good post.

I'd really like to see this happen - as I'm sure you are aware though other updates will take priority - with severe time constraints making even those difficult.

I'm not sure that I understand the request - nobody in their right mind would want to make custom maps if you could not earn SP while playing them! Or ar you referring to the spam reduction (% of SP)?
----
Embrace the void
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.02.2017 - 05:32
Написао RatWar, 25.01.2017 at 23:22

agree 100%, good post.

I'm not sure that I understand the request - nobody in their right mind would want to make custom maps if you could not earn SP while playing them! Or ar you referring to the spam reduction (% of SP)?

This was originally my idea. Custom maps even the best of them are simply not balanced in any manor, not even the ones that take months to make. In order to increase player skill level, only certain maps that are balanced and challenging should grant sp. They could set up a thread like banlist appeal and map makers could send there maps in for review and Moderators could adjust sp as they see fit. But All custom maps by default should give 0 sp, this would hamper farmers greatly and force new players out of roleplay (because it's easy sp) and into more dificult situations that will increase skill level.

Edit: no custom map should give more them 50% sp though.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.02.2017 - 05:34

agree 100%, good post.

I want you to read my above solution and tell me what you think. 0 coding required, and completly possible.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.02.2017 - 21:37
Написао Helly, 09.02.2017 at 05:32

Написао RatWar, 25.01.2017 at 23:22

agree 100%, good post.

This was originally my idea. Custom maps even the best of them are simply not balanced in any manor, not even the ones that take months to make. In order to increase player skill level, only certain maps that are balanced and challenging should grant sp. They could set up a thread like banlist appeal and map makers could send there maps in for review and Moderators could adjust sp as they see fit. But All custom maps by default should give 0 sp, this would hamper farmers greatly and force new players out of roleplay (because it's easy sp) and into more dificult situations that will increase skill level.

Edit: no custom map should give more them 50% sp though.

Interesting point. I agree with the SP multiplier at least with respect to the spam maps - ones with large unit events, tons of small countries with only 1 city, high incomes, etc. Those maps, no matter how well-done or well-balanced, are spam maps (RealKing's Extreme Houses of Westeros and Adog's GGG v3.5 being my favorite examples - those are both 50%, and I am totally cool with that, though it is clear that they spent a lot of time working on units and cartography - very impressive). Basically, any map that permits a disproportionate ability to gain SP through large numbers of units in battles, and/or cater to medal categories, should have SP multipliers. For example, the maps with a lot of countries with only 1 city are playing up to the city-occupied and country-occupied categories.

My maps are pretty well-balanced, but I spent alot of time on them, and they are all World Map clones or clones of other maps that were already well-balanced. I use the general pattern of units and incomes established by the creators as a baseline from which to deviate because I'm so impressed with how good they are, and also because of the strategies and upgrades being designed to fit that structure. When I add units or adjust existing units, it all fits within those general patterns established by the creators, maintaining geographic and strategic balance.

The most popular Houses of Westeros maps are pretty well-balanced, with or without strats (Pulse, jammyme). Same with Dreamworld, Destoria, World of Eben, Lunatis and Strangereal. I haven't played a ton of custom maps, but most of the ones that I've played have been very good. Opinions may differ, of course.
----
Embrace the void
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине