Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 2075   Посвећено од стране: 147 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Aetius, 22.08.2016 - 10:29
http://pastebin.com/wrT6y55B

Ok I am officially ending the game, sorry that there will be no Grand Finale. None of the Triumvirs except Sertorius wanted civil war. However, the other two guys got absurdly angry at me. One has even blocked me, and imo has begun to take this game way too personally. I don't want to lose friends over a forum game, this is literally the only reason why I am now stopping. Also, a good lesson as to why you keep IC and OOC separate. ....Although in a way I see it as a success I got people to be this emotionally invested in a forum game

gg all, let us now remember the great legends of the roman families

Triumvir Families - these 3 have reached the apex of power, although shared
Gens Sertorii
The Sertorii are an old and powerful family that has been influential in politics and later on in war against the Numidians, Parthians and were regarded as superior naval commanders. They have had 6 consulships, numerous prosecutions, and were always a controlling force behind the populares movement. In the late republic Flavius became the most influential, and arguably strongest of the 3 triumvirs as ruler of the west.

Gens Maria
The Marians are a very old family that was highly regarded for their religious positions. Over the course of roman history they have held a stunning 7 consulships and 1 dictatorship. Much of marian history has been military oriented, known for defeating the Seleucids at Magnesia in early times. In the mid republic they were leaders of the populare movement but were assassinated when political tensions rose, temporarily weakening the family allowing the Sertorii to take control of the party. Later, the ambitious Gaius Marius Maximus became the youngest ever dictator defeating the Socii revolt, and after defeating the massive pontic forces in Greece declared the revolt against the corrupt senate with the aid of Sertori and and Rexians. After Quintus Sertorius died however the rivalry between his son Flavius and Gaius Marius Maximus became more pronounced as they were the two ambitious leaders of the populares and resented each other.

Gens Rexii
The Rexii have consistently been a presence in roman politics, having held 6 consulships and countless other positions. The Rexii are regarded as extremely skilled politicians having risen from former disgrace to great influence and wealth as a founding member of the populares. The Rexii do have a reputation of being greedy, yet their wealth bought them power that can now no longer be denied as rulers of the eastern provinces.

Winning Families- these families picked the right side and successfully navigated the roman game of thrones to high positions of power

Gens Flavii
Of all the families in Rome, the Flavii are the most well regarded among wealthy equites. Long ago this was not the case, but following the downfall of the Numetorii, the Flavii inherited much of the wealth of the Ripam Alexandrie and begun their own steady rise to 2 consulships and numerous censorships and praetorships. Aligning with the populares the Flavii became the political centerpiece of the movement as they secured such influence among the equite class that their power in the senate became overwhelming. Ever after they were given the surname of Cato, meaning wise. And wise they have been, supporting the right side becoming rich and powerful.

Gens Nipii
The Nipii emerged from obscurity in the punic wars, being used as master of horse for less competent dictators. However, in the end they secured their own command becoming heroes of the republic after defeating Hannibal at Cannae. This fame was long lasting but in the mid republic their fortunes began to dwindle as legions loyal to the Nipii were destroyed in the numerous wars. A founding member of the populares, the Nipii have been loyal partisans and this has kept them from sinking lower. Decius began to reverse these fortunes as being part of the battle of Rome and then following Sertorius into the west becoming his heir. The Nipii may rise once again…

Gens Octavii
A wealthy and influential political family, the Octavii were strong allies of the sertorii, and they aided each other's rise. The Octavii had numerous connections throughout the city of Rome among the equites, and were commonly the Praetor, but also have secured Consulship twice in history as well as governorships in cisalpine gaul. The Octavii carefully maneuvered the dangerous political battlefield, never have been assassinated, always working from within the shadows to emerge on top.

Gens Marcii
The family history of the Marcii is a winding but tragic one as well. Over the course of history they have influential, holding 4 consulships and their most famous moment was commanding the sack of Carthage, however Africanus fell to a plague and was later utterly disgraced by being implicated in treasonous plot with the Antonines. Rising from this misfortune they switched parties to the Populares and became a decisive element in the civil war by granting support in return for rule over the Asian provinces. But once again, the head of the family died, this time in battle, reducing the family to mediocrity.

Gens Paulli
The Paulli are a notoriously wealthy but also greedy roman family. They rose to power after falling out with Potestatem party by making deals with the Populares to rule wealthy provinces as long as they turned a blind eye to their corruption. Amassing huge sums, the Paulli were never in Rome for most of their history. But this is not to say they are without merit, for they helped bring roman civilization to cisalpine gaul, and were large bankrollers of the populare movement. In the civil war they grew more ambitious seeking military commands as admirals and growing closer to the Sertorian faction.

At least I am still part of the wealthy 1% Tier
Gens Numetorii
A once more powerful family in the early republic and leader of the notable third party, ripam alexandrie, the untimely death of the head of the family ended this movement. Later on, the Numetorii aligned themselves with Potestatem, but their high status was degraded by being on the losing side of the civil war. The Numetorii have held 4 Consulships, numerous other political positions and were known as saviors of Rome from the Germans and victors against the notorious Viriathus in their brightest moment.

Gens Caetronii
The Caetronii have always been defenders of the roman state, military leaders, above political factionalism. Over the course of history they have held 5 consulships and 1 dictatorship. The Caetronii were known as victors over gauls in early times, but were most influential in the mid republic reaching an apex under Lucius who defeated the Spanish revolts as well as the pirates, guiding Rome through a turbulent political time as a neutral player. In the late republic their fortunes fell as Lucius grew old and his heirs could not defend the republic from the populares. Even so, the Caetronii are a continuing strong presence in the roman state.

At least I am not dead Tier
Gens Cornelli Scipiones
An old and active family, their fortunes rose to supreme heights in the early republic as conquers of Illyria and climaxed with their 1 consulship. Later though they were politically destroyed by the Populares and then fell into obscurity, and when Gnaeus began to rise he was struck down by plague. In the late republic Metellus was known as the most stalwart defender of the senate and fought until the last at Africa.

Gens Varii
From plebian origins, the Varii rose from the lower classes to the senate with the support of the Potestatem party (by giving them huge sums of money). The Varii reached their apex in a consulship with the Numetorii, after defeating a huge german horde in pannonia. After this moment of glory they began to fade as their wealth dried up and the Potestatem lost political power. After the battle of rome they surrendered to the populares but despite this were still executed due to hatred against them from the Marians. Even so, the Varii have not been utterly destroyed as the family still lives on as their recent son has been spared by the now more merciful populare senate due to the passage of time.

Gens Pedii
Plebians like the Varii, the Pedii rose to political relevance in a dangerous political era. With civil war imminent, they were thrust into hard decisions. A marriage alliance almost occurred with the Rexii potentially earning the favor of the populares but this ultimately broken down and the Pedii backed the Senate to their ultimate doom. Despite donating their entire fortune to the senatorial cause, this was not enough as the senatorial forces failed three times in battle. Escaping from the populare onslaught as governer of narbonese Gaul, the Pedii were finally captured after the Senatorial defeat in Africa and exiled.

Losers - families fallen from power, or traitors, or extinct
Gens Antonia, Gens Phoenicii, Gens Maximii , other people who have dropped out

17.10.2016 - 18:04
 JF.
Gg
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
17.10.2016 - 21:25
Gg re?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.10.2016 - 02:23
I support a Warhammer Great Crusade quest, ending in the Horus Heresy
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.10.2016 - 07:08
Написао Darth., 18.10.2016 at 02:23

I support a Warhammer Great Crusade quest, ending in the Horus Heresy

YES
----
Someone Better Than You
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.10.2016 - 07:09
Atleast I am not dead

In any case this game has been tons of fun and although I lost this is a roleplay and making for a proper story is in a way better than winning and the Scipiones family's story is one hell of a tale so overall I am content.
----
Someone Better Than You
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине