Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 64   Посвећено од стране: 151 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Sultan of Swing, 27.11.2016 - 21:33
I understand you may not actually want to read all this ( I wouldn't its kinda a lot lol) but I really want everyone who claims to be competitive to read through this and give thoughts/comments please, thanks!

Something that I've noticed over the past year is that high ranks, myself included, have been very hostile to new player trying to come into the competitive scene. They may join a 3v3, 2v2, or whatever and make a pick that is not customary or widely accepted. Furthermore they might make a pick that is normal to these kind of games, but may not have the best expansion or the best movements throughout the game . In both cases, spectators or people in game start to rage real quick and drop comments like "wow noob" or "wtf is this bullshit I'm out"; you name it. I don't at all plead innocent to this, its very tempting to do since these kinds of players seem to ruin your game that you may have tried to remake four times!! But, let's put ourselves in these low ranks' shoes or new players' shoes. How would you feel if someone started publicly abusing you and embarrassing you in front of an entire game of people? You'd feel like crap! How likely would you be to rejoin another competitive game in the future? Chances are you ain't joinin no game of the sort in the future.

Well here we are now.. "AW is dead" "wow this game is so dead" when yet in actuality.. IT ISNT! I know, wild claim, but here are the facts. The player number actually hasn't dropped drastically over the years according to Sun Tzu. A lot of competitive players have left, which is why AtWar seems dead. As all these competitive players are leaving because of real life situations, or just simply bored of the game, whose suppose to fill the void? The 1, or maybe 2 low ranks that 4 clans have trained over the years? Its simple as this, no AW is not dead, but the competitive scene IS dead. Why? Because of the negativity of players when they encounter a "noob" or a player who is new to the 3v3 scene and doesn't know what their doing. Why do so many players flock to RP and scenarios? BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE ARE RECEPTIVE! A novel idea, I know, I know. Not because those games are fun (cos if u ask me waiting around for a game to start is not my definition of fun) or because the people there are really nice and open to anyone. Some of my closest friends that I've made on AW is not from the competitive scene, but from people I met when I first joined AW and played scenarios.

Solution? Simple. Lets all try to be a little nicer to these new players. Instead of tell them they suck and be negative towards them, lets try to encourage them, and in turn, encourage the growth of competitive play. You want the CW scene to come back? That's up to everyone in the community. Let's all come together and try to be a little more positive in our treatment of new members to the competitive scene, and maybe we can "revive" the competitive scene and bring the CW levels back up, which I personally would love!

Any thoughts? please post below
02.12.2016 - 17:34
Написао clovis1122, 02.12.2016 at 13:30

wow.... rude

Oh, really...? Damn, this game is getting to my nerves then...
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
02.12.2016 - 19:46
Написао RaulPB, 02.12.2016 at 17:33

Написао iyu, 29.11.2016 at 16:12

Will have to learn to hold my own against 2 allyfags.

That or find yourself a good friend to kill those allyfags and teach them a lesson XD

I sent him a message offering to give him some tips...no response lol. I wonder how much he wishes to learn.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.12.2016 - 04:01
KingJim
Профил је обрисан
Написао Zenith, 02.12.2016 at 19:46

That or find yourself a good friend to kill those allyfags and teach them a lesson XD

I sent him a message offering to give him some tips...no response lol. I wonder how much he wishes to learn.

Thats rude..how bout we allyfag him to teach him a lesson?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.12.2016 - 08:20
 iyu
Написао Zenith, 02.12.2016 at 19:46

Ooops, completely forgot about it, my bad.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине