I'm pleased to announce a new strategy called "Insurrection" is now available for a limited time!

Insurrection is based on an idea from Apocalypse (thank you sir!). This strategy gives powerful Militia (Ground Secondary Defense) units at the cost of more expensive transportation, -2 attack for all other units. I think it will make an interesting new way of playing low income areas of the map, that otherwise might be overlooked.

Insurrection will be available for 1 month, until March 6, 2019. So give it a try!

By the way, we're going to start introducing new strategies, upgrades, and units (including perhaps buildings) on a rotating basis. The goal is something new to try each month. Already I have heard so many good ideas from the community, but I don't want to add too much all at once. So we'll do this rotating system so we can try something different each month. Who knows, if something is really popular we might even add it permanently.

Strategy Update 2019 #2
Based on feedback since the last strategy update, I've decided to make the following updates to our existing strategies:

Change #1: Lucky Bastard (LB) de-nerf a little
  • Removed the +10 Cost for Militia only. (Personally I think it was fine with +10 cost across the board, but others thought it was too much... So I think this is the best compromise.)

Change #2: Desert Storm (DS) nerf 2.0
  • Put back the +1 capacity for Helicopters (Removing capacity made the strat useless for lower rank players who don't have the capacity upgrade... for high rank players the extra capacity doesn't make much difference anyway.)

• -1 defense for Helicopters instead.

As always, try them out and let me know what you think. We might adjust other strats next time around.

Lastly, a reminder to scenario players -- if you are concerned about strategies effecting the balance of your scenario, don't forget there is a "disable strategies" option you can use when starting a new game.

Cheers!

|

Коментари

Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Коментари: 84   Посвећено од стране: 892 users
04.02.2019 - 07:08
Good job
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:08
Well done!!
----
''People ask for criticism, but they only want praise.''
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:09
First

Sounds great tho!
----

Написао Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:10
 Lelouch. (Модератор)
Awesome.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:12
Scenarios are currently balanced around the existing strategies, balancing them around disabled strategies would take a fuckton of editing by a lot of mapmakers many of whom are inactive, you can't just solve everything by disabling strategies.
----
Someone Better Than You
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:14
 beep
Loving the active engagement, are there any other strategies the admins are looking at changing? Also, is it possible that in the near future custom maps won't have to rely on "(Unit Type) : Other" so that more strategies can be of use in scenario games?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:14
Its good to see new things implemented.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:15
 Heat Check (Модератор)
Nice to see a new strat added
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:24
Very good job
look forward to playing with this new strategy.
----
Le mot perdre ne fait pas partie de mon dictionnaire, d'ailleurs je n'ai pas de dictionnaire !

ゆめ の ちから
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:26
Rip. Militia on steroids and thats new strategy...
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:29
Wow nice !
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:29
"Lastly, a reminder to scenario players -- if you are concerned about strategies effecting the balance of your scenario, don't forget there is a "disable strategies" option you can use when starting a new game."

https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=40334

make this a world map only strategy

Edit:Removed the +10 Cost for Militia only. (Personally I think it was fine with +10 cost across the board, but others thought it was too much... So I think this is the best compromise.)
This fixes the most of the problem with LB in scenarios good job
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:50
Perhaps remove miltiia spawn that happens when you capture a city or reduce the amount of militia spawn when a city is captured? This strat will make city raiding insanely more OP
Or alternatively give militia high collateral so they damage city population making militia spawn lower when cities are capped
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 07:55
So im just going to post here an example of what happens if 2 factions in a map go none

Mordor units are one of the worst in the game but they are strong in hordes which is simulated by Mordor having cheap and individually weak units that make up for that in numbers
Now if Mordor picks none as dave suggest Mordor will have bad units and they will cost 50 so that means for you to make 20 of them you have to spend your whole turn worth of income

Lets look at Gondor now.
Gondor has very strong units and it has very high income if Gondor picks none it will still have roughly 3k income this already dwarfs the Mordor income but that isnt the only problem

Gondor has strong units that come at a cheap cost (compared to other units)

So if you look at all of this Mordor cannot outproduce Gondor as it is supposed,Mordor cant make hordes of orcs as it is supposed to be.
In short if all sides go none in scenarios some sides will be weaker like Mordor in this example scenarios are very delicate and should not be changed and most of the map makers are inactive and wont come to fix the balance of the map just for a month
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:05
 JF.
Bro dave that.. - 1 def to ds helis is the one! These ds fags running around with helis, can stop.

Gj.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:16
How are most of the comments about being excited to play this new strategy?
This strategy is going to ruin games.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:19
Too op,ruins all the scenes
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:24
+1 for a permanent rotating systeem!
----
Sorry for my English! I do my best!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:28
Make it permanent Dave, shook em!
----
...још сте ту...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:38
So a militia with 12critical doesn't deserve a 40cost.Ok D
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:45
A positive side of this strat - It makes "disable strategies " option more relevant.

40 cost for 6 attacks and 5 defences 6 ranges LOL Not to mention that you get free militias when you capture enemies' cities...

This is going to ruin the balance of the game.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:55
And what's wrong with those players who just cheer on whatever Dave does.

I mean, it's awesome to see Dave take a more active role. But it is obvious that something is wrong with this new strat. Is it that hard to be honest?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:56
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Insurection will be extremely broken, calling it now. Militia strat are often very strong because you get militia while expanding for free and whenever you take an enemy city.

Not only that but militia is double boosted by the general when defending. Militia get +1 hp and +1 def from the general making them ridiculously tanky.

Normal infantry only get +1 attack which is inferior to +1 hp and +1 def.

Expensive transport is such a weak downside to the strat. Should have gone with low range transport instead since range is the only thing that keeps militia strats from growing out of control and is arguably the most important stat in the game.

Also 6 attack with 40 cost militia is a complete wtf. They're basically 40 cost mini tanks at that point.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 08:58
 Dave (Админ)
Написао DDDDDDDD, 04.02.2019 at 07:07

Dave MVP!

6/5 att/def, 6 range and 40 cost seems too op, but I like the frequent updates. You can always nerf/buff later.

Thanks!

Yeah we might need to nerf this a little bit soon... but it's fun to try.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:00
Xa I'm guessing this new strat will be cancerously op but great seeing new shit being added.

----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:01
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Написао Dave, 04.02.2019 at 08:58

Написао DDDDDDDD, 04.02.2019 at 07:07

Dave MVP!

6/5 att/def, 6 range and 40 cost seems too op, but I like the frequent updates. You can always nerf/buff later.

Thanks!

Yeah we might need to nerf this a little bit soon... but it's fun to try.

Nerf the transport ranges since it is the only thing keeping militia strategies like guerrilla warfare from snowballing out of control.

The cost downside does almost nothing to hamper this strategy.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:02
 Dave (Админ)
Написао beep, 04.02.2019 at 07:14

Loving the active engagement, are there any other strategies the admins are looking at changing? Also, is it possible that in the near future custom maps won't have to rely on "(Unit Type) : Other" so that more strategies can be of use in scenario games?

I don't have any immediate plans but we'll see what comes up in the next month. Also regarding Unit Type: Other... why is it necessary to rely on it? Why not use the other roles we already have?
----
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:07
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Написао Dave, 04.02.2019 at 09:02

I don't have any immediate plans but we'll see what comes up in the next month. Also regarding Unit Type: Other... why is it necessary to rely on it? Why not use the other roles we already have?

Because there are stat limits to the standard roles. For example you cant set any of the standard roles to have more or less hp than 7. There's stat caps and minimums on everything from attack to unit cost.

Removing it is something mapmakers have been asking for years.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:11
 Dave (Админ)
Написао Black Vortex, 04.02.2019 at 07:50

Perhaps remove miltiia spawn that happens when you capture a city or reduce the amount of militia spawn when a city is captured? This strat will make city raiding insanely more OP
Or alternatively give militia high collateral so they damage city population making militia spawn lower when cities are capped

I think the cancerous aspect of how fast it grows when you capture a city is part of the fun... fitting with the title. But yeah maybe we'll increase collateral. Not a bad idea.
----
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:49
Написао Mauzer Panteri, 04.02.2019 at 07:26

The strat is ridiculous. It's basically 40 cost IF inf with PD range, but you aren't supposed to defend with them.

I've made so many threads saying, that defence has to be stronger than attack, why did nobody fucking listen?
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 09:57

What WD said, you have to be very particular with a unit's stats in order for it to still be considered a specific unit type, making it very limiting and in order to bypass that you have to make it Unit: other which voids a lot of upgrades and strategies that can be applied to custom maps because people have to rely on the "Other" type
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 10:05
 Lelouch. (Модератор)
This strat was a mistake. The mil are too cheap for 6 attack.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 10:14
 4nic
Yep. pretty much what any other competent person said.
this strategy is game-breaking, though it could be curbed i think.
anyway how did this random idea get implemented? ive never heard about it before, thought for sure WD's counter insurgency idea would be added instead.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 10:56
 beep

What Erwin & Witch-Doctor said hit it home. It can be difficult to play some scenario maps because stronger units must be classified by the "other" type, so buffs like Perfect Defense, Naval Commander, etc with specific unit buffs can't be applied to those "other" units. Only Iron Fist, Imperialist, Blitzkrieg, and Lucky Bastard can be realistically used in a scenario game like NWE for example because those unit buffs are universal. Sorry if you already understand what people are saying, I just wanted to reply to your post.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 10:59
 Dave (Админ)
Написао Witch-Doctor, 04.02.2019 at 09:01

Nerf the transport ranges since it is the only thing keeping militia strategies like guerrilla warfare from snowballing out of control.

So if we did transport range -1, and maybe transport cost another +10 (so +40 total)... how about that? Or what would you suggest?
----
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 11:03
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Написао Dave, 04.02.2019 at 10:59

Написао Witch-Doctor, 04.02.2019 at 09:01

So if we did transport range -1, and maybe transport cost another +10 (so +40 total)... how about that? Or what would you suggest?

I think how it's done with gw is a good example.

+150 naval trans cost -2 range
+200 air trans cost - 2 range

This will help slow the snowballing and allow you to stop it before it gets uncontrollable.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 11:08
 Agel
Написао Witch-Doctor, 04.02.2019 at 09:07

Because there are stat limits to the standard roles. For example you cant set any of the standard roles to have more or less hp than 7. There's stat caps and minimums on everything from attack to unit cost.

Removing it is something mapmakers have been asking for years.

Also Beacuse All the other Roles that there aren't on World map like Secondary Attack or Naval: Deffence arent affected by strats unless they affect all units.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 11:18
Nice to see you are willing to give new strategies a go, though I feel WD counter insurgency would have been the best one to try out first
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 11:18
 Dave (Админ)
Написао Witch-Doctor, 04.02.2019 at 11:03

This will help slow the snowballing and allow you to stop it before it gets uncontrollable.

Okay. I implemented your suggestion. Let's try it now.
----
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 11:40
Написао Tirpitz406, 04.02.2019 at 09:49

Написао Mauzer Panteri, 04.02.2019 at 07:26

The strat is ridiculous. It's basically 40 cost IF inf with PD range, but you aren't supposed to defend with them.

I've made so many threads saying, that defence has to be stronger than attack, why did nobody fucking listen?

I listened
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 12:37
Bring back Tank General please (offensive strat for main attack units, just like PD buffs main defence units). It was removed before custom wars came sadly.

Maybe make NC affect naval secondary units, naval defence units and naval special units, maybe, but TG is so missed strat in scenarios.
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 12:49
Написао Dave, 04.02.2019 at 11:18

Написао Witch-Doctor, 04.02.2019 at 11:03

Okay. I implemented your suggestion. Let's try it now.

No, it won't stop it from becoming uncontrollable. It's miltia need to be nerfed. Most of the expansions aren't done by sea transports. They are still over land without any support with any sort of transports. It's cancerous units can still spread like crazy.
Insur Militia has the best cost efficiency of all units by a huge margin. Even GW or Imp can't compete with it. This transport nerf just stops rush plays from happening. Slowroll is still insane.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 12:55
 Dave (Админ)
Написао Skanderbeg, 04.02.2019 at 12:37

Bring back Tank General please

I might.
----
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 13:18
Hmm well balancing probably wasnt done but its nice to see a new strat
Its also bugged
if milita have less than 3 att then it will boost it TO 6 att which is broken since thats a +5 att buff for some ..
Like for example ww1 map has 1 att milita which still become 6 att 4 def ..
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 13:54
Thank you for the great work, we love this game! love the new additions idea.
----
If your gonna act like a bitch, Your gonna die like a bitch. - Madonna <3
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 14:01
This strat imo is more suited to mid-range fund games than the low income areas of the map.

If only I'd time to play rn.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 14:06
Sometimes I think some people wants this game to die with all this refusing of changes and sticking to ''muh balance''. Let it go mane.
----
...још сте ту...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 15:41
Good job you broke all the scenarios xD
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 15:43
 Agel
Написао sirivann, 04.02.2019 at 15:41

Not really if mapmaker do his job making militia not buildable at least t2 onwards.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.02.2019 - 15:49
Написао Agel, 04.02.2019 at 15:43

Написао sirivann, 04.02.2019 at 15:41

Not really if mapmaker do his job making militia not buildable at least t2 onwards.

thats under the idea that all mapmakers are still active which they arent , the current ones mostly have all their maps on standby till the editor shit is fixed while a few handfull like WD have some out which are good, which means a shitload of scenarios are now RIP xD.

Would be nice if their was a option to disable certain strats and not all that way most scenarios can still be played .
Учитавање...
Учитавање...

Hits total: 53931 | This month: 582
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине