Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 10   Посвећено од стране: 40 users
20.01.2020 - 00:29
Написао Zephyrusu, 18.01.2020 at 20:20

Is it not possible that photons actually have mass, and that it is just so small that it lies within the margin of error of our best sensors? This would in turn imply that the speed of light is not truly c, but in reality something a little less than c.

Several weeks ago, I read an article written by Sidney Perkowitz, which addresses why the speed of light is the speed of light. It's an interesting question, and although I'm not deeply interested in science, I am interested in "epistemology" or "reason"—I know, I sound like a faggot, but believe me, I don't like philosophy, it's a worthless pursuit, I'm only interested in reason. Anyway, I'm going to post my thoughts about the article, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts too.

The speed of light is itself contingent on our capacity to think—reality too, for that matter. Everything must be contingent on something, which is perhaps the defining feature of reality. The prevailing theory of everything, so to speak, is largely based on relativity, which itself is based on a constant: the speed of light. By extension, one may ask, what is the speed of light based on? What explains why the speed of light is the speed of light? The properties of the speed of light may be able to answer why the speed of light exists as it is, but what explains why those properties exist as they are? For infinity, one may ask similar questions until our capacity to think has been fulfilled. This must be the nature of reality, but what is reality? For reality to exist insofar as we are able to make sense of it, it must be able to explain itself, which may or may not be possible.

In conclusion, I do not know.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
20.01.2020 - 09:26
Message deleted by Kaska. Reason: Unleashed
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.01.2020 - 09:17
When I think about it Unleashed is banned for our sinns. I kinda respect this guy.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.01.2020 - 14:21
 nutt
Написао Rock Lee, 21.01.2020 at 09:17

When I think about it Unleashed is banned for our sinns. I kinda respect this guy.

Explain
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.01.2020 - 14:49
Написао nutt, 21.01.2020 at 14:21

Explain

Well he is obviously out of mental balance. However he did try to find his place back in our community. He intended to do it in selfish arrogant and generally repuslive way so as community we saw his bad behaviour as a reason to shrug off his humanity and do whatever publicly shaming him.

I am not trying to justify or suggest this manner of conduct should be tolerated. But to acknowledge our vanity. I just hope he will stop looking for petty fights and get back on the horse.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.01.2020 - 14:51
 nutt
Написао Rock Lee, 21.01.2020 at 14:49

Написао nutt, 21.01.2020 at 14:21

Explain

Well he is obviously out of mental balance. However he did try to find his place back in our community. He intended to do it in selfish arrogant and generally repuslive way so as community we saw as bad behaviour as a reason to shrug off his humanity and do whatever publicly shaming him.

I am not trying to justify or pitty him. I just hope he will stop looking for petty fights and get back on the horse.

Well said. Although I can quote Dave as saying that he will never be welcomed back.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.01.2020 - 14:58
Написао nutt, 21.01.2020 at 14:51

Well said. Although I can quote Dave as saying that he will never be welcomed back.

On the other hand Unleashed mocked everyone and overreacted to petty trolling. So I wouls not blame the community for his situation.

I just hope he does well.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.01.2020 - 19:57
Написао Rock Lee, 21.01.2020 at 14:58

--

You are the salt of the earth pal. Never change =-)
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.01.2020 - 01:49
Написао Wheelo, 21.01.2020 at 19:57

Написао Rock Lee, 21.01.2020 at 14:58

--

You are the salt of the earth pal. Never change =-)

Thanks mate!
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.01.2020 - 16:00
 brianwl (Админ)
Написао Tribune Aquila, 20.01.2020 at 00:29

Написао Zephyrusu, 18.01.2020 at 20:20

Is it not possible that photons actually have mass, and that it is just so small that it lies within the margin of error of our best sensors? This would in turn imply that the speed of light is not truly c, but in reality something a little less than c.

Several weeks ago, I read an article written by Sidney Perkowitz, which addresses why the speed of light is the speed of light. It's an interesting question, and although I'm not deeply interested in science, I am interested in "epistemology" or "reason"—I know, I sound like a faggot, but believe me, I don't like philosophy, it's a worthless pursuit, I'm only interested in reason. Anyway, I'm going to post my thoughts about the article, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts too.

The speed of light is itself contingent on our capacity to think—reality too, for that matter. Everything must be contingent on something, which is perhaps the defining feature of reality. The prevailing theory of everything, so to speak, is largely based on relativity, which itself is based on a constant: the speed of light. By extension, one may ask, what is the speed of light based on? What explains why the speed of light is the speed of light? The properties of the speed of light may be able to answer why the speed of light exists as it is, but what explains why those properties exist as they are? For infinity, one may ask similar questions until our capacity to think has been fulfilled. This must be the nature of reality, but what is reality? For reality to exist insofar as we are able to make sense of it, it must be able to explain itself, which may or may not be possible.

In conclusion, I do not know.

speed of light is the unit distance of one 'pixel' length divided by one unit cycle time in our digital simulation .... if you want more, pm me
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине