Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 24   Посвећено од стране: 68 users
31.01.2020 - 19:17
I have made a thread about this in the past so this is for the new mods out there.
I don't appreciate mods being nosey. I get you're doing your job but do it in secrecy. And don't speak in chat especially when you come in uninvited.

What if it were a tournament match? Me and Kaska might end up in a 1v1 tournament so what if he was able to see my expansion and use it to his advantage? It's hard to prove but the argument is sound.
https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=27886&board_page=2

Clovis has made an excellent point in the past.

Been quite unsure about this for a while, but yes this is definitively worth a discussion.

Pros of mods being able to enter to private games:
- Catch players teaching bugs to other players.
- Catch REAL HACKERS exploiting/testing hacks in-game (do note that hack is not bug).

The above are the only really good reason I can think of...

Cons of mods being able to enter to private games:
- Lack of privacy for the user - top important reason. You make the game private because you don't want certain people to spectate.
- If the player is testing a new expansion, mods can see this. This is quite unfair.
- If the player is doing a tourney match, mods can see this. Again, unfair if the player is featuring out a special expansion/gameplay for tourney.
- If the player opened the game to talk with a group of players, mods can read the content of such talk (kinda point 1).

So... I would bet for a reform of the ability, perhaps allow mods to stay there for few seconds, to be able to read only the chat or whatsoever.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 19:27
Написао Red.Army, 31.01.2020 at 19:25

Maybe sometimes they need to pop in to prevent elo farming?

It wasn't a duel. And as for SP, I don't think winning 1000 SP is going to help me much...
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 19:29
Написао Red.Army, 31.01.2020 at 19:28

Написао PleaseMe, 31.01.2020 at 19:27

Написао Red.Army, 31.01.2020 at 19:25

Maybe sometimes they need to pop in to prevent elo farming?

It wasn't a duel. And as for SP, I don't think winning 1000 SP is going to help me much...

No I'm just saying generally for a private a duel mods sometimes pop in to prevent elo farming

I get that. Although it doesn't apply here. I understand mods have to moderate. Just don't come in and start a conversation especially when me and my friend are talking about something.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 19:39
 brianwl (Админ)
This is a thing that happens occasionally, as new mods test their new found abilities, and learn from these tests. i recall before i was a mod this being an issue, and it's not something that can be resolved.

i think you've made your point - if the same mod makes a habit of this, it will be noted and appropriate action taken. ♥
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 19:43
I have no comment on the subject of this thread... but I did notice that Kaska was (I believe?) referring to xBugs Sub Bridging into UK with Marines as a bannable offense- this is no longer the case as of Dec 11 2019. Just wanted to make sure the word got out.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 19:54
Kaska is already caught in his first scandal. Next he will collect favors from the females by leveraging his mod powers
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 19:55
AtWar could just make the feature spectator list that is already available for moderators accessible for everyone else as well.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 21:00
 4nic
I think you are overreacting, also what red army said, mods need to check games for SP-farm or ELO farm, therefore argument invalid. and youre wrong

private duels SHOULD ALWAYS be monitored for ELO farming or any other form of cheating
>
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 22:42
 Dave (Админ)
Написао Garde, 31.01.2020 at 19:43

I have no comment on the subject of this thread... but I did notice that Kaska was (I believe?) referring to xBugs Sub Bridging into UK with Marines as a bannable offense- this is no longer the case as of Dec 11 2019. Just wanted to make sure the word got out.

Xbugs was banned because of his long history of hacking, and because he couldn't keep any of the agreements he ever made with us. I'm not sure where the sub bridging story came from. As far as I know it was never a bannable offence anyway.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 22:44
I use submarines to get from mainland France to UK in ww1 with my WG stack. I'm able to cap UK turn 3 maybe, turn 4.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 23:15
Написао Dave, 31.01.2020 at 22:42

Написао Garde, 31.01.2020 at 19:43

Xbugs was banned because of his long history of hacking, and because he couldn't keep any of the agreements he ever made with us. I'm not sure where the sub bridging story came from. As far as I know it was never a bannable offence anyway.

Part of that hacking was this formerly-recognized cheating method, as far as I'm aware. It was one of a host of things attributed as hacking, and unfortunately this legitimate usage of in-game mechanics was the only thing that shouldn't have been cited amongst them. That's the consequences of abusing the game as heavily as he did though I suppose. Indeed he ruined his chances all on his own, and burnt every bridge he had here like every other self-destructive perma-banned play has done. No need for any of them in this game.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2020 - 23:52
Написао Xenomega, 31.01.2020 at 23:18

So to be clear I can use subs to bridge?

I think so?
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 00:09
Написао PleaseMe, 31.01.2020 at 23:52

I think so?

Subs, Destroyers... any Naval unit.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 00:29
 Sid (Админ)
For me, i will ask one of the players in the game if it's ok that i spectate if i don't see anything suspicious to warrant me using my mod powers. Of course it's based on trust though.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 06:23
Написао Chess, 31.01.2020 at 19:55

AtWar could just make the feature spectator list that is already available for moderators accessible for everyone else as well.

To shorten the whole issue, just implement this thing
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 06:47
Don't use subs or destroyers or bombers as a trasnport unit. Simple as that.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 08:21
Написао Kaska, 01.02.2020 at 03:03

Написао Garde, 01.02.2020 at 00:09

I think so?

I highly disagree with that

As I already told Eagle in my short novella on the subject; if it want to disallow Bridging, you have to do it too every unit, it cannot be arbitrary because stealth hurts people's feelings. Not only this, but it's completely impossible to tell when it's being done 90% of the time, so the argument is realistically moot on that.

You'll allow advanced glitching methods with shortcuts, intercepts, escapes, magnetism, but draw the line on this because it's new? Go read my synopsis where I elaborate on how this is a result of the merging mechanics at work. Not only that, but this issue was solved when Eagle approved it before you were a mod.

Is you want to disallow this, then it becomes a slippery slope where every mechanic in line with this becomes irrelevant through banning. That is not a game I would want to play, let alone contribute to.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 10:29
 brianwl (Админ)
Написао Garde, 01.02.2020 at 08:21

Написао Kaska, 01.02.2020 at 03:03

..... Bridging with any naval units shouldn't be OK if it is considered so.

Написао Garde, 01.02.2020 at 00:09

I think so?

I highly disagree with that

Is you want to disallow this, then it becomes a slippery slope where every mechanic in line with this becomes irrelevant through banning. That is not a game I would want to play, let alone contribute to.

Just to be clear, the issue with sub-bridging was not an acceptable exploit at the time, as it was not common knowledge.

The mods created a list of 'acceptable' exploits, but it was never posted to the community as mods still weren't 100% in agreement on some details.. Because no mods had an issue with the sub issue becoming an acceptable exploit, i can see why Eagle and other mods would say it's allowed... but since the list was never made public, technically it would still be an exploit that isn't allowed, and subject to review if reported to mods...

To solve this:

i've re-posted in mod forum, and will give a couple days for mods/admin to respond, but hopefully we will have an official list of exploits posted for all players shortly (2 days maybe?)...

Stay tune ♥
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 17:10
Adding onto the pros of mods being able to go into private games:
It's also beneficial of mods being able to enter into private games because some people just host sp farms/medal farms in private, without that ability you'd just have to assume the worst and ip check people with no concrete evidence of them farming, just going off your own suspicion and confront them that way, which I think is way more unfair and intrusive to players if you question them with no substantial evidence vs actually seeing it firsthand.

But I do see your point of view and agree, just wanted to add that bit in.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 18:00
Dear god. When barcelona are lining out in the champions league semi-final, do they close down the stadium and turn off all the cameras so Liverpool / Real Madrid don't see their playstyle or tactics?

Nonsensical and bizarre post.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 18:29
Написао Wheelo, 01.02.2020 at 18:00

Dear god. When barcelona are lining out in the champions league semi-final, do they close down the stadium and turn off all the cameras so Liverpool / Real Madrid don't see their playstyle or tactics?

Are we comparing soccer to atwar? I see no correlation.

----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 18:37
Написао PleaseMe, 01.02.2020 at 18:29

---

The comparison was used to draw attention to your logic, apologies if you're not sharp enough to pick up on that. Ironically, you're known for bragging in game chat - if you're so confident in your ability, why would such a minute issue bother you?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2020 - 18:40
Написао Wheelo, 01.02.2020 at 18:37

Because it could be seen as cheating. Read my post again because it appears you forgot.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
02.02.2020 - 11:36
Sounds like this was sorted out, so I'm closing it - let's talk about the submarine thing on the other thread.

Note that Kaska's intentions were good and mean no harm or breach of privacy, so I hope you guys don't get him wrong.

Locked.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине