Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 16   Посвећено од стране: 85 users
21.07.2020 - 17:54
My experience of the game AtWar has been filled with rather conflicted feelings. Most of which are concern, concern for the newcomers,the outsiders, the dare i say: interlopers. And their first time experience of this browser game, many call home.

I could go as far as to say that I have not experienced a single game played without being verbally abused, or having witnessed it first hand. Be it a racial slur, an insensitive dysfunction name call or the most common obscene word thrown around without any care of consequence or the slightest bit of repugnance within themselves.

I've read and been made aware of a ban list and mute options, but this does stop them from spectating and following through with ruining a fellow players reputation in game. " A suggestion would be to filter their use of player name once they are muted or put on a ban list, this does not solve the matter. As they could refer to the player by colour
or country selected, but it would be way less personal to the human mind."

It's only a game. It only resolves tiny, insignificant things. Such as who gets validation. Who gets listened to. It allocates power and draws boundaries and turns some people into stars and others into spectators. That's all. right?

Factions are being built, within a community that is struggling to grow. There's no welcoming. There's no sense of urgency to help another person in need. Every player who is a "Newbie" is referred to as a "Noob".

I've made numerous attempts to contact moderators or call on the help function if needed, whilst several are online and they turn a blind eye and the effort falls on deaf ears. Aside from a single moderator, ~Croat. He has singled handedley kept my spirit alive in wanting to do better, both within my game-play and helping the community at large.The first major advantage in-game is having premium, and he went out of his way to buy it for me so i wouldn't fall behind as i progressed competitively. He not only played games with me to show me the ropes, he spectated some of my recent games and gave me insight on good moves and tactics as well as coached me on erroneous plays. He even went as far as making a tutorial video on YouTube so i could see a single expansion i was having trouble with adapting to.

it's come to a point where relying alone on the report button or help function,is no longer, you have to become acquainted with a moderator who is willing to help, always active, and lends that helping hand extending himself far beyond what is expected of them. and that is what I've witnessed in ~Croat.

I pray the community could unite not alone on a competitive nature but as well with each other.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.07.2020 - 18:40
 temp
Croat is the only mod who does his job.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.07.2020 - 18:49
We all love Croat

#Croat4Admin
----
Meso
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.07.2020 - 20:53
It was actually a pleasure to show you the 'brigther' side of community who are not just some random begginers that boost their ego's with toxicity and constant mocking on other players while being in some random world game. Every game's community has such guys and probably they have to exist too; same goes for atWar.
You don't have to take such players too personal, those are not your issues, but their. Just ignore them or report anytime you see escalation of it.

On the other side, remember that good things come to those who are good.
I have to note here that I was glad seeing some normal and kind-hearted new player getting more and more into this game, so nothing was hard to do to help you while seeing you being so polite and understandable; neither my intervening as Mod, neither dealing with guys that mocked on you, neither premium, neither video, neither help with getting better in-game, neither my time.
Actually, I really enjoyed bringing back your spirit for this game, doesn't matter in which way.

Hope that other begginers and rest of people will at least learn something from your 'case' and your text, and that they will start being more respectful to the rest of community, independently of their rank, status, skill or part of community they belong to (competitive or scenario one).
I'm being repeating this for times already, such players can always, but always count on my help in whichever way, while those 'irreparable' ones can just sign another way of treatment. It's on them to decide in which 'path' they want to walk.

Maybe we can't change everyone, but at least we should focus on improving and I agree with your conclusion, we should be more united, aren't we at the end just equal parts of same community who enjoy the same game...

----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.07.2020 - 21:18
This community has always valued freedom.

We aren't weak pansies on atWar

When the first pioneer came to the New World, there weren't any roads or infrastructure to keep him warm at night. There were trees and the open sky, and when this early pioneer looked upon the land we call America today, he thanked God for it. He didn't dream for a free education, he didn't dream for somebody to look after him, he didn't ask to be paid for doing no work at all, he knew how to take care of himself. He was responsible and knew to look after his own. The descendants of these pioneers helped found the United States, and they made a country that bore such plentiful fruit, such plentiful fruit of freedom, that its own citizens eventually became fat. They became fat and when they became fat, they became lazy. When they became lazy they started to ask government to absolve themselves of personal responsibility. They began to grow weak and feeble, eventually they considered themselves harmed not by physical force but by the words of some language.

The fabric of atWar is predicated on the life of this early pioneer. He wasn't offended by the n-word, he didn't care who said what. He didn't care that some man was vulgar or not, because he knew how to deal with him.

Learn to deal with vulgar people and stop asking for so much security, safety, and comfort when life is just the opposite. If you cannot handle being called something vulgar on here, then odds are there are bigger problems afoot.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.07.2020 - 22:06
 Witch-Doctor (Модератор)
Написао Tribune Aquila, 21.07.2020 at 21:18

When the first pioneer came to the New World, there weren't any roads or infrastructure to keep him warm at night. There were trees and the open sky, and when this early pioneer looked upon the land we call America today, he thanked God for it. He didn't dream for a free education, he didn't dream for somebody to look after him, he didn't ask to be paid for doing no work at all, he knew how to take care of himself. He was responsible and knew to look after his own. The descendants of these pioneers helped found the United States, and they made a country that bore such plentiful fruit, such plentiful fruit of freedom, that its own citizens eventually became fat. They became fat and when they became fat, they became lazy. When they became lazy they started to ask government to absolve themselves of personal responsibility. They began to grow weak and feeble, eventually they considered themselves harmed not by physical force but by the words of some language.

The fabric of atWar is predicated on the life of this early pioneer. He wasn't offended by the n-word, he didn't care who said what. He didn't care that some man was vulgar or not, because he knew how to deal with him.

Learn to deal with vulgar people and stop asking for so much security, safety, and comfort when life is just the opposite. If you cannot handle being called something vulgar on here, then odds are there are bigger problems afoot.

Why can't we be friends. Why can't we be friends.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.07.2020 - 22:19
Написао Witch-Doctor, 21.07.2020 at 22:06

Why can't we be friends. Why can't we be friends.

----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.07.2020 - 05:29
 Dave (Админ)
Написао Dopplegangbang, 21.07.2020 at 17:54

I appreciate the feedback. I understand where you're coming from and agree for the most part. I've been focusing a lot of our effort on cleaning up the community ever since I arrived (i.e. December 2018). I actually think we have made some progress, but there is obviously more work to do.

I don't know if anyone explained about the history of atWar, but as I understand it there was a period of some years where the community was sort of allowed to spiral out of control, and coming back from that continues to be a challenge.

There are also technical issues... for example I'm aware that the mute functionality does not work 100% correctly, especially with regard to spectators. This is already on my list to be fixed.

By the way, you mentioned using the /help command but I just wanted to make sure you were aware this goes to the Supporters. If you need a Moderator you would want to use the /report function instead. (Yes, technically Moderators can see both, but are only expected to respond to /report requests). Don't know if this applies to your experience or not but just thought I'd mention it.

Other than that all I can say is, hang in there... we're still working on this.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.07.2020 - 06:00
 Dave (Админ)
I agree with your initial premise, but disagree with the conclusion you drew from it.

This part:

... to that I say AMEN. This is exactly what's happened to our country, and it's sad.

But as it pertains to atWar:

The problem here is that people no longer behave like people behaved during the time of our Founding Fathers. If they did, we wouldn't need moderators. No one in Washington's time would have dared to use such vulgar language in public, like we see on atWar every day. Unfortunately there have been many decades of decay in our society. Today it's a world where anything goes.

At heart, I'm all for totally unrestricted free speech. I believe that in government, it remains essential. But here in the private sector, and particularly on the web, we have a choice to make. Every website I'm aware of that has tried unrestricted free speech ends up, sooner or later, being a complete cesspool of vulgarity or worse. Think 4chan, Gab, etc. As much as I want to support free speech (and I really try), I refuse to allow atWar to become an unrestricted cesspool.

So, we choose to set some boundaries here. We set some (in my opinion, very light) rules, we have moderators to enforce them, and we kick out people who disturb our community. This is not because we're afraid to deal with vulgar people.... it's because atWar should be a place where we don't have to. atWar is (or should be) a place where we can have a little fun, relax with our friends, and experience some sense of fraternity with other war/history/strategy buffs. I think it's reasonable to expect we should not have to be harassed by members of our own community.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.07.2020 - 07:44
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.07.2020 - 08:28
Croat stinks
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.07.2020 - 09:03
No need for strict conventions since they have little to no impact as shown in other games. A working ignore function should be sufficient. Maybe include the option to be able to ignore all messages coming from a certain IP address as well, so you don't have to deal with stalking dipshits that have half a douzen alt accounts.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.07.2020 - 10:13
Написао 31TENGRI69, 22.07.2020 at 08:28

Croat stinks

dont care, didnt ask, plus send some lokums
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.07.2020 - 17:39

ROFL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Freedom? Freedom of what? Freedom to flame?

You sure? everyone getting triggered by just anything but no, not weak at all hahahaha XDDD

Best comic post ever
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
24.07.2020 - 04:48
Написао Chess, 22.07.2020 at 09:03

No need for strict conventions since they have little to no impact as shown in other games. A working ignore function should be sufficient. Maybe include the option to be able to ignore all messages coming from a certain IP address as well, so you don't have to deal with stalking dipshits that have half a douzen alt accounts.

Good idea but there's also the problem of VPN... but overall this is an excellent suggestion
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
24.07.2020 - 05:51
Написао Chess, 22.07.2020 at 09:03

VPN..
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине