Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 18   Посвећено од стране: 96 users
13.10.2020 - 01:31
Hello,

This is Sean Spicer, and before I'm accused of not being humble let me tell you this: these suggestions came to me while I was in bed. I could not sleep unless I posted here because they are so great. When I say they are great, I really mean it, otherwise I wouldn't waste your time.

Problem: atWar is still valuable but we'll be worthless if we can't get more minions to join.

Solution:
1. Live-action gameplay. Yes, this will work. I already thought it out in my head. If we are creative, this is doable. We will have to do this and remodel some of the fundamentals because clearly people are't engaged; the attention span of the under-age-18 population decreases by 5% each year.

2. Don't waste resources advertising this game until we establish a better retention rate. We all saw what happened a couple months ago. We need a ghost-like "help" interface that follows new players in-game for 1 week after they register. There should be an option to disable.

3. Revamped tutorial (I know ya'll are working on this)

4. Simplify EVERYTHING. We need to go from top to bottom on this website and make it simple. Settings, controls, commands, and the entire interface. I hate being confused on new websites and, I'll tell you what, when I joined atWar I wouldn't have stayed if it wasn't for my friends forcing me to play their crappy map. I was 15 years old when I joined and that's the type of people we want. We need everything simplified. We should establish a "simplification commission." Especially if we can achieve the same results, but simpler.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.10.2020 - 02:32
The only way to get more players on aw is ti release an app version, this ofc is hard since the code for aw is very delicate i suppose (judging from the time to make htlm5 somewhat bearable). Another problem is that, aws skill gap if tons of phone users came would be big, this is because playing on a phone slows you down. For eu i think it is not preffered that you play on a phone (i dont knks about this its a speculation, if im wrong correct me), in scens i know this is a problem since some factions in certain scenarios need to wall alot, and this with a phone is unviable, another problem is dragging stacks through your phone is harder, this would in conclusion cause a huge skill gap between computer players and phone users. Phone app of thia game is wishful thinking right now. Aw tried to adveriste itself on prominent youtube channels (kings and generals) and it did not quiet result in more players, players that came in 2019 or 2020 are few (those that stayed and somewhat became relevant in their communities). My personal thoughts are to make ranking up easier, this may seem minor but no one wants to stay r5 forever, ranking up gives new players a sense of acomplishment. another one is a more advanced tutorial that teaches low ranks more advamced concepts, another problem thecommunity has is its toxicity which is spread by some people. Aw needs a drastic change to get more players either an apl version or a new ranking up system, i think the latter one is ofcourse more realistic.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.10.2020 - 03:58
5. Controller support.

I'm tired of playing using touchpad.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.10.2020 - 14:28
Atwar needs to be totally reprogrammed.

and yeah, live action games for atwar would be awsome and much better
----
RP is terrible, but NWE is the worst of all
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.10.2020 - 21:19
Написао Fatcheek, 13.10.2020 at 14:28

Atwar needs to be totally reprogrammed.

and yeah, live action games for atwar would be awsome and much better

yeah we could all pitch in to hire full time developer or several full time developers, I would. We could do some kind of charitable crowdfunding... please let us sign up we will reach the goal so fast because all the committed people here would give their money and there's a lot of it @Dave
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.10.2020 - 23:55
 nutt
MICHAEL!??!?!?!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.10.2020 - 07:39
Написао Estus, 13.10.2020 at 03:58

5. Controller support.

I'm tired of playing using touchpad.

buy a mouse?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.10.2020 - 10:40
What do you mean live action gameplay?

All the new traffic comes from SEO so in all essence its free anyway.With a freemium monetisation conversion rate of around 8% although very high (twice the industry average) any marketing campaign would probably prove unviable.

I agree with your thoughts on simplification. But how to make it even more user friendly?
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.10.2020 - 14:15
Написао Tribune Aquila, 13.10.2020 at 01:31

Hello,

This is Sean Spicer, and before I'm accused of not being humble let me tell you this: these suggestions came to me while I was in bed. I could not sleep unless I posted here because they are so great. When I say they are great, I really mean it, otherwise I wouldn't waste your time.

Problem: atWar is still valuable but we'll be worthless if we can't get more minions to join.

Solution:
1. Live-action gameplay. Yes, this will work. I already thought it out in my head. If we are creative, this is doable. We will have to do this and remodel some of the fundamentals because clearly people are't engaged; the attention span of the under-age-18 population decreases by 5% each year.

ill let you explain
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2020 - 16:02
AtWar really needs a pretty heavy reprogramming. Personally, I would LOVE to work on it as a developer. I don't have tons of experience(only been coding a 5-ish years, haven't finished any project yet.) and am currently only able to get in part time work(I'll be in school for another 5 years....), but it would be SO FUN to help.

I'd offer my services, but I don't think I'm anywhere near qualified.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2020 - 17:06
Написао Sun Tsu, 15.10.2020 at 10:40

Написао Fatcheek, 18.10.2020 at 14:15

Hello,

Solution:

ill let you explain

What I mean by live-action is that there should be an additional gamemode in which there are no turns at all. You start the game, then each move registers instantaneously. This gamemode should not involve much critical strategy, you have to play fast and conquer as fast as possible in real-time.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2020 - 18:06
Haha when you said live action i immediately assumed this was a troll post. But the rest of the proposals are perfectly sensible.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2020 - 18:19
Написао Tribune Aquila, 27.10.2020 at 17:06

Написао Sun Tsu, 15.10.2020 at 10:40

Написао Fatcheek, 18.10.2020 at 14:15

Hello,

Solution:

ill let you explain

What I mean by live-action is that there should be an additional gamemode in which there are no turns at all. You start the game, then each move registers instantaneously. This gamemode should not involve much critical strategy, you have to play fast and conquer as fast as possible in real-time.

how will this work in ww1 xd
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2020 - 20:21
You guys are so not creative. Live-action would be the best thing to happen since infantry and everyone knows it (maybe just me?). It would be a separate game mode in which you move a thing, and it moves, and it moves on the screen of everybody else. You attack something, and if you don't move out of the city in time, it will be attacked. If I was a programmer I could easily do this, you just have to get rid of the turn function and set an additional tab.

This will be so necessary & important for atWar's survival. People clearly have low attention spans. This is the solution for a game like this. Let the low attention span people have their own game mode.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.10.2020 - 22:55
I hardly think this is some easy programming implementation .. quite few things wont make sense for live game mode .. for example how do you propose to limit the range for units if there are no turns .. you can just drag them anywhere on the map .. they will have to have movement speed or some shit .. it sounds like you are trying to make an entirely new game .. atwar is based on the board game RISK after all
----
Meso
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.10.2020 - 01:10
Написао Mesopotamia, 27.10.2020 at 22:55

I hardly think this is some easy programming implementation .. quite few things wont make sense for live game mode .. for example how do you propose to limit the range for units if there are no turns .. you can just drag them anywhere on the map .. they will have to have movement speed or some shit .. it sounds like you are trying to make an entirely new game .. atwar is based on the board game RISK after all

well you see this game mode would be about opportunity cost. Sure, you could move units over and over with an equal range as fast as your mouse can move, but then you won't be able to wall or pursue other opportunities. I think this should be a project down the road, at least when (if) things ever turn around for this game and we start getting swaths of players
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.10.2020 - 10:02
Actually, realtime makes sense, and(with some changes) could reasonably be implemented. Biggest thing is timers. Units would be on timers, cash would be on timers, units would move over time to their goal.

That way we could intrigue Starcraft, etc fans.

Main problem is there are a lot of other things(the UI....) that need some working on, so we'd really need some dedicated developers(or maybe we have those. I'm not current on that.) or more time for the developers atWar has.
----
Toast makes me very sad.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.10.2020 - 18:32
Написао Mesopotamia, 27.10.2020 at 22:55

I hardly think this is some easy programming implementation .. quite a few things won't make sense for live game mode .. for example how do you propose to limit the range for units if there are no turns .. you can just drag them anywhere on the map .. they will have to have movement speed or some shit .. it sounds like you are trying to make an entirely new game .. atwar is based on the board game RISK after all

It's really not making a whole new game entirely, all you have to make it is so when units are set up just like normal, It has movement, and a speed to the movement, and every few minutes, that would be considered a turn pass and you could get rein and income, which is basically the same as this current system but different. This if anything is a good thing since one, would make atwar more engaging, two, bring in a new mechanic and fun ways to play in atwar, and three would give it a more war game like game playing style as let's be real, Almost no one plays atwar to play risk online, It's because we desperately want to play a war game, and we don't want to spend 100$ on HOI4.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине