Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 16   Посвећено од стране: 45 users
03.04.2022 - 12:29
I don't know if it's the right place to report these bugs
Trying the world map 2.0 and reading the post summary here what I found that would need to be corrected

Some air units can conquer cities

The City of "Nuuk" in "Greenland" is not on the coast

The territory east of Jerusalem is not assigned to any state so land movement is not possible

Some states are missing such as San Marino, Andorra, Western Sahara, Northern Cyprus and others, here is a complete list also those that are in fact independent even if not recognized by everyone

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stati_del_mondo

The nations "China: Xinjang" and "China: Tibet" have their own flag, since the state flag has been put up for the American states, it would be nice if it was also put here

In fact, Crimea is no longer part of Ukraine

the yellow sea has bits of brackish water which should be water and are treated as earth
at this link I modified the map by removing most of the brackish water
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRRbD69SLyrNLkPO-6CMkTsnaiw2ERmB/view?usp=sharing

Wrong names:
City: "Lajing" to be changed to "Lijiang"
Country "China: Xinjang" to be changed to "China: Xinjiang"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.04.2022 - 14:18
 Mobster (Модератор)
Thanks for your feedback and report. It's better to make these topics under "Ideas & Suggestions". Here's the situation with each of them:

Fixed, just not live yet:
-Some air units can conquer cities
-City: "Lajing" to be changed to "Lijiang"
-Country "China: Xinjang" to be changed to "China: Xinjiang"

To be discussed by the meta team:
-The nations "China: Xinjang" and "China: Tibet" have their own flag, since the state flag has been put up for the American states, it would be nice if it was also put here
-Some states are missing such as San Marino, Andorra, Western Sahara, Northern Cyprus and others, here is a complete list also those that are in fact independent even if not recognized by everyone
-The territory east of Jerusalem is not assigned to any state so land movement is not possible

-the yellow sea has bits of brackish water which should be water and are treated as earth
Leaving the dirty water as it is was intentional. But afaik we didn't treat it as earth in anywhere, are you sure?

-The City of "Nuuk" in "Greenland" is not on the coast
Isn't it?

-In fact, Crimea is no longer part of Ukraine
I can say it's one of the things we occasionally come back and discuss about. But in truth, we just don't want to play with the balance for a while. It'll take time but I promise in the end, we'll come up with their real borders and as well with the balance for the game in that area.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.04.2022 - 14:31
 Dave (Админ)
Moved to "ideas and suggestions" which seems more appropriate for this kind of discussion..
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.04.2022 - 14:32
Написао Mobster, 03.04.2022 at 14:18

Thanks for your feedback and report. It's better to make these topics under "Ideas & Suggestions". Here's the situation with each of them:

Fixed, just not live yet:
-Some air units can conquer cities
-City: "Lajing" to be changed to "Lijiang"
-Country "China: Xinjang" to be changed to "China: Xinjiang"

To be discussed by the meta team:
-The nations "China: Xinjang" and "China: Tibet" have their own flag, since the state flag has been put up for the American states, it would be nice if it was also put here
-Some states are missing such as San Marino, Andorra, Western Sahara, Northern Cyprus and others, here is a complete list also those that are in fact independent even if not recognized by everyone
-The territory east of Jerusalem is not assigned to any state so land movement is not possible

-the yellow sea has bits of brackish water which should be water and are treated as earth
Leaving the dirty water as it is was intentional. But afaik we didn't treat it as earth in anywhere, are you sure?

-The City of "Nuuk" in "Greenland" is not on the coast
Isn't it?

-In fact, Crimea is no longer part of Ukraine
I can say it's one of the things we occasionally come back and discuss about. But in truth, we just don't want to play with the balance for a while. It'll take time but I promise in the end, we'll come up with their real borders and as well with the balance for the game in that area.

The brackish water is present in various places only it is considered water, in the yellow sea it is considered earth

Nuuk is close to the coast, it has a port as shown in the map you have placed and also in map 2.0 it has only one port which is useless as the city does not border the sea, so it is in fact a mistake, or you change the borders in such a way that the city borders with the sea or takes away the port or approaches the sea
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.04.2022 - 14:45
 Dave (Админ)
@Eridans, thanks for compiling this list, although it's not strictly necessary, the Meta Team has already made a their own list. We've been talking about all these things already on Discord where we meet.

Some things will definitely be fixed, like the spelling mistakes.

Some things will be changed, like air units taking cities: I was the one who made helicopters able to take cities -- because I think they should -- but probably the meta team will undo it.

Some countries just won't be on the map because it becomes to crowded. This wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate decision. For example I could add to your list Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, and the British Virign Islands. These are located so close to other countries which we already do have on the map (Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, and the US Virigin Islands, respectively) there literally was no room to fit them in. I think Northern Cyprus is the same problem. As for Andorra and San Marino it's up to the Meta Team....

Lastly, some things will definitely NOT change -- I refuse to remove Crimea from Ukraine. I will reject any update from the Meta Team that were to do so. Yes, this is a political statement on my part. Disagree with me if you want. But I have Ukrainian friends and I wish to support their cause. Even before the 2022 invasion I was refusing to accept Russia's annexation of Crimea.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.04.2022 - 15:28
Make the Chinese waters just regular lol... I mean I think China's trash too but the map already excludes so much (micro-states, territorial disputes, etc.), might as well exclude dirty Chinese waters.

Disclaimer: I am a long time supporter of the CCP
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.04.2022 - 20:32
Написао Dave, 03.04.2022 at 14:45

Lastly, some things will definitely NOT change -- I refuse to remove Crimea from Ukraine. I will reject any update from the Meta Team that were to do so. Yes, this is a political statement on my part. Disagree with me if you want. But I have Ukrainian friends and I wish to support their cause. Even before the 2022 invasion I was refusing to accept Russia's annexation of Crimea.

Meanwhile shows Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

On an unrelated note, the Tibet and Xinjiang flags are not official flags used by the Tibet and Xinjiang autonomous regions, they are used by separatist governments in exile. Can't compare it to US states that have their own official flag.
----
Someone Better Than You
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 01:23
Написао Zephyrusu, 03.04.2022 at 20:32

Написао Dave, 03.04.2022 at 14:45

Meanwhile shows Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

On an unrelated note, the Tibet and Xinjiang flags are not official flags used by the Tibet and Xinjiang autonomous regions, they are used by separatist governments in exile. Can't compare it to US states that have their own official flag.

Each state chooses the capital it wants, Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

Tibet and Xinjiang have in fact been occupied by China, so I believe that in a game where they are independent they can use the flag of the separatists.

I completely condemn what Russia is doing which is behaving like a government led by terrorists with no respect for civilians and their own men so I can accept that on the official map Crimea is Ukraine.

A further report, a problem similar to the yellow sea where brackish water is used as land is also in "India: South West" near the city of "Surat" which should have the sea nearby and have a port
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 02:16
Написао Eridans, 04.04.2022 at 01:23

Tibet and Xinjiang have in fact been occupied by China, so I believe that in a game where they are independent they can use the flag of the separatists.

I completely condemn what Russia is doing which is behaving like a government led by terrorists with no respect for civilians and their own men so I can accept that on the official map Crimea is Ukraine.

A further report, a problem similar to the yellow sea where brackish water is used as land is also in "India: South West" near the city of "Surat" which should have the sea nearby and have a port

Jerusalem is a city of special status under international law, as Israel does not hold full sovereignty over it it cannot be its capital.

Tibet and especially Xinjiang are not "occupied" by China, Chinese presence in Xinjiang predates Uyghur one by many centuries and almost half its population is Han or Hui, both regions are internationally recognised as Chinese, if you are to start adding unrecognised states on the map I'd start with ones that actually control the territories they claim.

tl;dr either go with de facto control everywhere or go with de jure control everywhere, world map shouldn't be determined by the subjective political opinions of any player or the admins
----
Someone Better Than You
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 02:42
Написао Zephyrusu, 04.04.2022 at 02:16

Написао Eridans, 04.04.2022 at 01:23

Jerusalem is a city of special status under international law, as Israel does not hold full sovereignty over it it cannot be its capital.

Tibet and especially Xinjiang are not "occupied" by China, Chinese presence in Xinjiang predates Uyghur one by many centuries and almost half its population is Han or Hui, both regions are internationally recognised as Chinese, if you are to start adding unrecognised states on the map I'd start with ones that actually control the territories they claim.

tl;dr either go with de facto control everywhere or go with de jure control everywhere, world map shouldn't be determined by the subjective political opinions of any player or the admins

During the Six Day War the Israelis occupied the Jordanian sector. With a decree approved by the Israeli Parliament, on July 30, 1980, the official annexation of the Jordanian sector and the proclamation of Jerusalem as the united and indivisible capital of Israel were declared.

So in fact Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

Tibet, from 1911 to 1950 was independent, is conquered by Mao Zedong
more complicated is the history of Xinjiang which was also divided between Russia and China but it too was an independent state in the past

In any case it does not change, there are independence currents, if these 2 states in this game are independent then you can use their flag

Being the official map of the game it is clearly subject to the choices of the administrators, if you do not agree you can make proposals as I am doing, if these are not accepted then create a map as you like, as indeed, I anticipate you, I'm doing in fact I'm working on a map with nations without divisions and how they actually are
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 05:11

Написао Eridans, 03.04.2022 at 12:29

the yellow sea has bits of brackish water which should be water and are treated as earth

did you mean Bohai Sea
D

i also notice that tianjin is not in the right position, it is located a bit to the west irl
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 05:47
Написао 1122, 04.04.2022 at 05:11

Написао Eridans, 03.04.2022 at 12:29

did you mean Bohai Sea
D

i also notice that tianjin is not in the right position, it is located a bit to the west irl

that's right, I thought that too was yellow sea, I didn't know it was changing its name

Thanks for reporting Tianjin's wrong location
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 08:20
Написао Eridans, 04.04.2022 at 02:42

During the Six Day War the Israelis occupied the Jordanian sector. With a decree approved by the Israeli Parliament, on July 30, 1980, the official annexation of the Jordanian sector and the proclamation of Jerusalem as the united and indivisible capital of Israel were declared.

more complicated is the history of Xinjiang which was also divided between Russia and China but it too was an independent state in the past

In any case it does not change, there are independence currents, if these 2 states in this game are independent then you can use their flag

Being the official map of the game it is clearly subject to the choices of the administrators, if you do not agree you can make proposals as I am doing, if these are not accepted then create a map as you like, as indeed, I anticipate you, I'm doing in fact I'm working on a map with nations without divisions and how they actually are

Ok so Israel can annex other countries' territories and we should accept it but Russia can't and we shouldn't??? Wtf

Tibet wasn't conquered by Mao, Tibet joined China willingly, it's true that the Chinese later went back on the promises they made but regardless Tibet was internationally recognised as part of China anyway, Tibetans had also tried to expand into Chinese territory earlier during the warlord era when it was in civil war. As for Xinjiang, Xinjiang first became Chinese territory 2000 years ago, this is 800 years before Uyghurs ever appeared in historical records, ever since China has lost and retaken Xinjiang many times, its original native inhabitants, the Tocharians and Saka Iranians retained their identity and language during the Chinese lordship over the region but were assimilated and disappeared during Uyghur rule, but regardless Tibet and Xinjiang are not "independent" on the map, they're called "China: Xinjiang" and "China: Tibet" if you didn't notice, and I have no idea why you're supporting showing Xinjiang and Tibet independent in a map that's supposed to reflect the real world when these regions are recognised as Chinese by the entire world and, in Xinjiang's case, the majority of its population as well, and whatever separatist movements exist don't control a speck of land in them
----
Someone Better Than You
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
04.04.2022 - 10:56
Написао Zephyrusu, 04.04.2022 at 08:20

Ok so Israel can annex other countries' territories and we should accept it but Russia can't and we shouldn't??? Wtf

Tibet wasn't conquered by Mao, Tibet joined China willingly, it's true that the Chinese later went back on the promises they made but regardless Tibet was internationally recognised as part of China anyway, Tibetans had also tried to expand into Chinese territory earlier during the warlord era when it was in civil war. As for Xinjiang, Xinjiang first became Chinese territory 2000 years ago, this is 800 years before Uyghurs ever appeared in historical records, ever since China has lost and retaken Xinjiang many times, its original native inhabitants, the Tocharians and Saka Iranians retained their identity and language during the Chinese lordship over the region but were assimilated and disappeared during Uyghur rule, but regardless Tibet and Xinjiang are not "independent" on the map, they're called "China: Xinjiang" and "China: Tibet" if you didn't notice, and I have no idea why you're supporting showing Xinjiang and Tibet independent in a map that's supposed to reflect the real world when these regions are recognised as Chinese by the entire world and, in Xinjiang's case, the majority of its population as well, and whatever separatist movements exist don't control a speck of land in them

This is not the place to discuss the situation in the Middle East, so I will say this then if you want to continue on Israel open another post on a relevant section, not this one

The difference between Israel and Russia is that Russia is a dictatorship that attacked a democracy to transform it into a dictatorship under its control, Israel is a democracy that has been attacked several times by Islamic dictatorships and Islamic terrorists almost always with the declared goal of extermination, however as Atwar teaches if you lose a war you lose territory, in this case Israel was attacked and conquered some territory

As for Tibet and Xinjiang, we will be able to talk forever, both have independence forces, contrary to what is the reality in this game they were independent so in my opinion they should have the flag of those who want the independence of these nations, but it is a proposal, the final decision is neither up to me nor to you
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
10.03.2024 - 17:26
Написао Eridans, 04.04.2022 at 10:56

This is not the place to discuss the situation in the Middle East, so I will say this then if you want to continue on Israel open another post on a relevant section, not this one

The difference between Israel and Russia is that Russia is a dictatorship that attacked a democracy to transform it into a dictatorship under its control, Israel is a democracy that has been attacked several times by Islamic dictatorships and Islamic terrorists almost always with the declared goal of extermination, however as Atwar teaches if you lose a war you lose territory, in this case Israel was attacked and conquered some territory

As for Tibet and Xinjiang, we will be able to talk forever, both have independence forces, contrary to what is the reality in this game they were independent so in my opinion they should have the flag of those who want the independence of these nations, but it is a proposal, the final decision is neither up to me nor to you

Democracy isnt always good.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
11.03.2024 - 08:09
Написао Brsjak, 10.03.2024 at 17:26

Написао Eridans, 04.04.2022 at 10:56

Democracy isnt always good.

Congratulations for the quick response, the post is only from 04/04/2022 only 2 years ago....
However, what you say is practically never or almost never true, history teaches this, of course to talk about history you should know it...
But it is useless to continue this conversation which already ended 2 years ago and was already going off topic 2 years ago
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине