Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 27   Посвећено од стране: 88 users
21.12.2012 - 00:44
Seeing as I was the one to keep openly criticising the POTM process for being what I saw as random and not open to suggestions, I'm opening this thread to nominate people for POTM and POTY, if that's alright with the mods (and if it doesn't start a flame war). I'm assuming mods are ineligible to receive POTM. Naturally, my own nominations will have a bit of bias, but here they are anyway:

ezzatam for reasons stated in the awards ceremony. He translated the entire frickin map into Chinese, made 14 maps for the sole purpose of helping the community, cracked the Math behind the default map to create a new version of it, is a huge supporter of custom maps, has a fairly clean record among the community, and is in general very dedicated to AW.

utahrapter3 for having a clean record, bug reporting, and of course, his scenarios and maps which he has both created alone and collaborated to make.

I feel like with the release of atWar, the POTM really should have to do with atWar, and the above two players have contributed most (excepting people who've already received the award) to the game in the past month.

For POTY, I nominate LDK. Now lots of you are going to say that this is just because of ATN, which I happen to be a part of. Look further back in the year. Anyone remember the epic 2v2 tournament back in the Spring? Anyone remember Art of War? Anyone remember him being a generally nice guy throughout? I think for helping low ranks and other people out, organising tournaments, having a good reputation among the community, being influential in the coalition and starting ATN which advertises premium, reports on clans, and promotes custom maps and scenarios, LDK should receive the POTY award.

And please, don't start a flame war by putting other nominations down. In the end, hating on people will do nothing, as it's up to the mods.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 02:17
Maximus
Профил је обрисан
To be more clear i dont start flame war i just whant to show AW statistics

utahrapter3 for having a clean record -4 bug reports
Aristosseur-25 bug reports in bugs forum and 4 in map/scenarios bugs
seems legit
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 02:19
I nominate Aristosseur for OP levels of bug reports.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 03:50
If i could, i'd like to nominate .... Hugosch.
I'm going to explain this shortly.
First of all, he was the main organizer of our spring 1v1 Tourney.
He is a great mod, perhaps even one of the best and friendliest amongst them.
He is a great listener and a great friend to have a chat with.
He restored BiteMe!
I could think of many other things to enlist here, but i don't think that's necessary.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 04:49
Joey Barton
Профил је обрисан
Написао Brandreas, 21.12.2012 at 03:50

If i could, i'd like to nominate .... Hugosch.
I'm going to explain this shortly.
First of all, he was the main organizer of our spring 1v1 Tourney.
He is a great mod, perhaps even one of the best and friendliest amongst them.
He is a great listener and a great friend to have a chat with.
He restored BiteMe!
I could think of many other things to enlist here, but i don't think that's necessary.

Agreed he's taught me and backed me up on so many things. If it was allowed I would go for Hugosch even if Mathdino had nominated me.

But my nomination goes to Mathdino. His hard work and constant shouts to improve the game and ATN just to get on my side has to get some sort of merit/achievement.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 09:54
Gardevoir.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 22:19
But utah's maps are lame, and quite honestly are damaging the mentality of AW (promoting allyfaggotry). I wouldn't normally say anything about this, but he's been going around degrading others for their maps, so I'm ok with it.

I also think a lot of the POTMs went to people for news networks or whatever, which I've always thought were kind of dumb and I made the mock (CNN) to point that out; to which no one understood besides maybe Acqui. I noticed they stopped giving them out for newspapers though which is great.

Ezzatam has contributed a bit, but not as much as you make it seem. Translating the game to Chinese is cool and all but we have a grand total of ~3 or so Chinese players I can note, one of which even went inactive.

as for LDK being POTY, I've already posted my opinion on him even being POTM that one time(which was censored btw; If you want to learn more about what was posted send me a pm) I sure hope they won't go full retard(nothing personal, but just as I wouldn't consider myself material for such a title, I don't consider you it either). I think it should go to Avatar who lead a cln to winning a trophy (may not be 1st, but to win at all is nice), got #1 rep beating me and didn't farm as far as I know so he must be doing something right, reports bugs often, and helps with promotion of AW - the important part, inviting people. If there are ever to be any chinese that join and use ezzatam's translations, I assure you they'd be invited by Avatar. He also has an upcoming map that will be great, probably the best one made from the part of it I have seen so far; Utah be jelly. He had some troubles with VRIL, but overall he's one of the ideal members of the community of which newer players should aspire to be like.

Though this is no business of the players, this was created and should continue to be managed by the moderators. It's not like it matters anyways.
----
Написао Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Написао tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.12.2012 - 23:26
 Utah
Написао Fruit, 21.12.2012 at 22:19
but he's been going around degrading others for their maps, so I'm ok with it.

I'm going to assume Avatar told you that. FYI Avatar's been spamming my pm box and global with insults since day 1. I'm supportive to all mapmakers who actually put effort into their maps unlike the latter. So far he's the only one who's map i've actually "insulted"
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 01:55

Ezzatam has contributed a bit, but not as much as you make it seem. Translating the game to Chinese is cool and all but we have a grand total of ~3 or so Chinese players I can note, one of which even went inactive.

Cough, Cough. Thank you Captain for pointing out the low number of Chinese players on AW here. However, I would like to say that the Chinese are the largest group of English speakers in the world and that if more Chinese had discovered this game, this server would be overloaded by now. This site is not blocked by the Great Firewall of China overall it shows the need to adapt the game into the native language...

Fruit, you may not know that I initiated and am currently co-ordinating translations efforts for other languages too. Namely French by ThomasMer (near complete) and Spanish by raetahcodeupon (partial complete). Mind bashing the other two?

No offence to Fruit's opinions but if he has criticisms about translation efforts then post it in a different thread.

If there are ever to be any chinese that join and use ezzatam's translations, I assure you they'd be invited by Avatar.

Avatar comes from Macedonia. Of course he knows more Chinese people than me. (sarcasm)

Avatar also has an upcoming map that will be great, probably the best one made from the part of it I have seen so far;

This is Ancient World isn't it? You do realise that the map background was shared out from me? and the map dimension is wrong (10000x5000 and should be 10000x5300) with the wrong month (too many snowy areas). Call it the best one made is discrediting all else who have contributed.

Fruit, you had 112 worthwhile (relevant to original post's purposes) words out of 362 in that previous post. Good going.

Написао Utah, 21.12.2012 at 23:26

FYI Avatar's been spamming my pm box and global with insults since day 1.

Not surprised, he talks for a very time in one go and asks me how to work GIMP nicely (because I had connections with his clan).

PS: Sorry Math for hijacking this thread (Fruit clearly hasn't read the last line of the starting post about flame wars). Btw I nominate ThomasMer for his Europe at war work and French conversion efforts.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 02:41
Написао ezzatam, 22.12.2012 at 01:55

Cough, Cough. Thank you Captain for pointing out the low number of Chinese players on AW here. However, I would like to say that the Chinese are the largest group of English speakers in the world and that if more Chinese had discovered this game, this server would be overloaded by now. This site is not blocked by the Great Firewall of China overall it shows the need to adapt the game into the native language...

I understand that, Surely if it was discovered and well liked the game would do well, but probably end up being blocked since that's how the PRC usually acts with foreign sites getting popular. Anyways you're probably too new for this but there was a time when AW was integrating into Kongregate, a big site for casual gamers in the US, It was assumed there would be some huge rush of players, and there were but not some amazing amount of players who would overload the servers for longer than a few days. They mostly ended up leaving after the initial wave on the first day, which is fine - It's how it is supposed to work. The same would happen with any large group of people finding a game. Now onto that largest amount of english speakers part - you kind of just argued against yourself for the need of a translation, huh?
Цитирај:

Fruit, you may not know that I initiated and am currently co-ordinating translations efforts for other languages too. Namely French by ThomasMer (near complete) and Spanish by raetahcodeupon (partial complete). Mind bashing the other two?

that's great as well, but as a poll showed from your own thread shows, that makes a grand total of 19 players. Again, I am not bashing translations; they are good when they are needed(in this case they aren't)
Цитирај:

No offence to Fruit's opinions but if he has criticisms about translation efforts then post it in a different thread.

I'm just saying it shouldn't give you POTM for doing it because it's a really small amount of people atm.

Цитирај:

Avatar comes from Macedonia. Of course he knows more Chinese people than me. (sarcasm)

see, that would make logical sense but in this case Avatar has posted on many Chinese sites trying to get invites, I mean, he even posted Aristosseur's tourney video on a Chinese video sharing site; don't recall the name though.

Avatar also has an upcoming map that will be great, probably the best one made from the part of it I have seen so far;

Цитирај:

This is Ancient World isn't it? You do realise that the map background was shared out from me? and the map dimension is wrong (10000x5000 and should be 10000x5300) with the wrong month (too many snowy areas). Call it the best one made is discrediting all else who have contributed.

the map background is not the only part of a map, It requires nice balancing that only people who are decent at the game can pull off, which I've only seen so far in a select few maps.

Цитирај:

PS: Sorry Math for hijacking this thread (Fruit clearly hasn't read the last line of the starting post about flame wars).

No flame wars, It's only me nominating Avatar and sharing my opinion on Mathdino's nominations. I hope one day you will realize the difference, otherwise you won't find the Internet very enjoyable.
----
Fruit is right

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 03:41
Написао Fruit, 22.12.2012 at 02:41

Anyways you're probably too new for this but there was a time when AW was integrating into Kongregate, a big site for casual gamers in the US...

Let's first deal with that... I am actually a Kongregate member (since 2008) and joined AW through that and so I oversaw the peak of the site in late 2009 early 2010 before the advent of Android and iOS app gaming. When AW was launched on Kongregate (Feb 2012) it was already too late. In hindsight it seemed like a desperate move to salvage and maintain more players.

Now onto that largest amount of english speakers part - you kind of just argued against yourself for the need of a translation, huh?

They speak it and so they aren't incapable of using AW. The problem arises in finding it, when you have your regular sites in Chinese would you really google for a online strategy game using English? The English domination of the game is a huge obstacle to allow exposure of it on foreign search engines.
Search result for "at war free strategy war game" for Baidu Sohu Sina . Nothing shows up as you can see.

that's great as well, but as a poll showed from your own thread shows, that makes a grand total of 19 players. Again, I am not bashing translations; they are good when they are needed(in this case they aren't)

61 players voted out of a presumed 30% out of all rank4+ active last 30 days (798/2659 of them). Using the proportion 19/61, this means that about 250 people will be influenced by it, which is 13x what you said. Translation is the way forward should you have any foresight. Development is based on required things in the future and not now, since that should already be dealt with in the past. Nobody needed a hair straightener or a pack of cards to survive in ancient times did they?

see, that would make logical sense but in this case Avatar has posted on many Chinese sites trying to get invites, I mean, he even posted Aristosseur's tourney video on a Chinese video sharing site; don't recall the name though.

See above, people wouldn't respond to a English video on a Chinese video sharing site in English (should they understand english) because they will get bashed by other contingents. Besides, it is meaningless on foreign websites without the accessibility of translated interface and etc.

the map background is not the only part of a map, It requires nice balancing that only people who are decent at the game can pull off, which I've only seen so far in a select few maps.

Map balancing is non-existent since balanced maps aren't realistic and realistic maps aren't balanced. Even the beloved World Map is meant to have OP cities (Shanghai 53 rein, NY 52, LA 42). What you mean is nudging values to appease the players with units stats and income etc...

I hope one day you will realize the difference, otherwise you won't find the Internet very enjoyable.

The Internet is very enjoyable in that I get to argue with strangers over clash of logics
You initiated this btw. I am not the troll here.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 04:08
I nominate Roncho.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 07:15
Написао ezzatam, 22.12.2012 at 03:41

Let's first deal with that... I am actually a Kongregate member (since 2008) and joined AW through that and so I oversaw the peak of the site in late 2009 early 2010 before the advent of Android and iOS app gaming. When AW was launched on Kongregate (Feb 2012) it was already too late. In hindsight it seemed like a desperate move to salvage and maintain more players.

Kongregate is still a huge site, It would be almost the same as any large group of players spontaneously joining AW, not many enjoy this game.

Цитирај:

They speak it and so they aren't incapable of using AW. The problem arises in finding it, when you have your regular sites in Chinese would you really google for a online strategy game using English? The English domination of the game is a huge obstacle to allow exposure of it on foreign search engines.
Search result for "at war free strategy war game" for Baidu Sohu Sina . Nothing shows up as you can see.

got me there, but only China(and odd 3rd world countries) really uses a foreign search engine, and to base your promotion on China is kind of a bad idea from a business perspective due to GFW and how random they are when it comes to censoring sites.
Цитирај:

61 players voted out of a presumed 30% out of all rank4+ active last 30 days (798/2659 of them). Using the proportion 19/61, this means that about 250 people will be influenced by it, which is 13x what you said. Translation is the way forward should you have any foresight. Development is based on required things in the future and not now, since that should already be dealt with in the past. Nobody needed a hair straightener or a pack of cards to survive in ancient times did they?

No, this is AW, foreign players have always been more vocal due to the fact they weren't allowed to speak anything but English in most chats in-game, and this made them quite angry making a disproportionate amount of active bilingual players on the forums. Your example pretty much explains my point exactly, pack of cards and a hair straightener are by no means something you need to survive. They're great to have though, just sometimes you don't need them.

Цитирај:

See above, people wouldn't respond to a English video on a Chinese video sharing site in English (should they understand english) because they will get bashed by other contingents. Besides, it is meaningless on foreign websites without the accessibility of translated interface and etc.

Pretty sure the title and what not were translated, and the in-game obviously didn't require any translation since you're just looking at some countries change colors. Intense, I know. The point is he made the biggest attempt to recruit from that region.

Цитирај:

Map balancing is non-existent since balanced maps aren't realistic and realistic maps aren't balanced. Even the beloved World Map is meant to have OP cities (Shanghai 53 rein, NY 52, LA 42). What you mean is nudging values to appease the players with units stats and income etc...

No, this is your inner noob speaking. It's very possible to balance the game and if you didn't know the world map was changed to be balanced on aw multiple times, as in populations not being 100% accurate, incomes not being 100% accurate, ect. Also the fact the highest possible reinf you can get was 8; now 10. The unit stats are just one of the many ways to obtain this. Besides in real life balancing happens too with wars and population control and genocide and all those nice things that oppress : )

Цитирај:

The Internet is very enjoyable in that I get to argue with strangers over clash of logics

Nobody is trolling, or flaming, or whatever you want to call it. The closest thing you can get to trolling in this thread is me saying utah's maps are lame and you aren't the best candidate for POTM (though don't get me wrong, you are definitely a good one)
----
Fruit is right

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 18:19
Написао Fruit, 22.12.2012 at 07:15

Написао ezzatam, 22.12.2012 at 03:41

Kongregate is still a huge site, It would be almost the same as any large group of players spontaneously joining AW, not many enjoy this game.

Цитирај:

got me there, but only China(and odd 3rd world countries) really uses a foreign search engine, and to base your promotion on China is kind of a bad idea from a business perspective due to GFW and how random they are when it comes to censoring sites.
Цитирај:

No, this is AW, foreign players have always been more vocal due to the fact they weren't allowed to speak anything but English in most chats in-game, and this made them quite angry making a disproportionate amount of active bilingual players on the forums. Your example pretty much explains my point exactly, pack of cards and a hair straightener are by no means something you need to survive. They're great to have though, just sometimes you don't need them.

Цитирај:

Pretty sure the title and what not were translated, and the in-game obviously didn't require any translation since you're just looking at some countries change colors. Intense, I know. The point is he made the biggest attempt to recruit from that region.

Цитирај:

No, this is your inner noob speaking. It's very possible to balance the game and if you didn't know the world map was changed to be balanced on aw multiple times, as in populations not being 100% accurate, incomes not being 100% accurate, ect. Also the fact the highest possible reinf you can get was 8; now 10. The unit stats are just one of the many ways to obtain this. Besides in real life balancing happens too with wars and population control and genocide and all those nice things that oppress : )

Цитирај:

Nobody is trolling, or flaming, or whatever you want to call it. The closest thing you can get to trolling in this thread is me saying utah's maps are lame and you aren't the best candidate for POTM (though don't get me wrong, you are definitely a good one)

ezzatam, changing stuff from English to french/spanish is complete bullshit.
if some one is playing this game right now is because they already know english, deal with it.

if you guys keep trolling each other, i will like to nominate my self for POTM, since me and f.sultan where the ones that complained to the mods that we needed foreign forums, etc.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 22:09
If you guys have more opinions on ezzatam's, utahrapter's, and avatar's contributions or lack thereof to AW, I suggest taking it to 3 way PMs. If you don't have someone else to nominate, then no point in continuing to post in this thread, right? Right? All nominations here are valid, and putting other nominees down won't change the mod's opinions. I'd like this thread locked if the argument continues.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.12.2012 - 23:16
 Utah
I nominate Amok and Ivan for players of the millenium.
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.12.2012 - 13:00
Написао Utah, 22.12.2012 at 23:16

I nominate Amok and Ivan for players of the millenium.

support
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.12.2012 - 09:45
I nominate Tik-tok for his unbending views on the International Jew.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.12.2012 - 09:51
I'll nominate fruit. not only did he lead solunae/srb during the glory days, but he was plain unbeatable and probably had the highest peak of any player (maybe ironail idk) in aw. he's created some of the most op strats (imp turkey) and even developed the turg->italy thing which is pretty mainstream now. A lot of tactics that we take for granted were pretty much created by fruit -- which is why if we're doing player of the year, i don't think there's another candiate that touches fruit.
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.12.2012 - 12:15
Why we pick only one player ?

I WILL NOMINATE THESE NICE GUYS <3
<<< Aristo-Hugo-Fruit >>>

OH I FORGOT. Why we dont give this shit to King of Guest ? yea hdragonas deserve that
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.12.2012 - 12:28
 Acquiesce (Модератор)
This is becoming adorable. I nominate King of Cuteness, Nateballer.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.12.2012 - 17:17
Написао Acquiesce, 25.12.2012 at 12:28

I support this, he opened my eyes to the Dalmati mod conspiracy.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
25.12.2012 - 20:11
Написао Puzzles, 25.12.2012 at 17:17

modmati was discovered by me sry
vaglneer poty 2013
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.12.2012 - 10:11
Написао VAGlNEER 2.0, 25.12.2012 at 20:11

Написао Puzzles, 25.12.2012 at 17:17

modmati was discovered by me sry
vaglneer poty 2013

Support vaglneer poty 2013
----
Lil D has now become Deray of YGMG Here!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.01.2013 - 17:04
THIS IS A GARDETHREAD NOW.PLS ABANDON.

also,i vote Mathdino POTY
----
Magnets,how do they work?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
05.01.2013 - 10:39
I nominate Bill Clinton for POTY kk
he was a player.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
20.01.2013 - 22:01
New York
Профил је обрисан
I nominate myself.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине