Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 17   Посвећено од стране: 232 users
22.04.2013 - 18:35
Hi, i'm trying to get tons of SP to rank up, so i've started to try out 1v1's. Sadly, I nearly always lose.

So, can you help me?

Specs:
EU+
I have most of the upgrades.

How do you play?
What country?
Etc

Thanks!
----
hi
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.04.2013 - 20:19
No you don't have most of the upgrades xD

Anyway, as for tips-

- Play smart; Don't just take random irrelevant cities or border with four soldiers- Border using a 3-man triangle and always send a soldier outside capitals you're about to take in order to break enemy's borders. Watch your funds and make sure when you check them you don't have a lot of negative funds. Make sure to pay attention to game settings... it's important to know the difference between Total Annihilation play and Capture Country play.

- Play within the rules. Search the forums for "rules".

- Be respectful. Try not to speak during the battle unless spoken to.

- Play however makes you comfortable; If you and when you're playing try to see what style you like best.

- Try out every strategy within your reach. The more versed you are the better. In the long run you will adapt to each strategy- kind of like plugging yourself in and out of an environment. Each strategy will present it's best and lowest traits- make what you can of them.

- Try out every country.

Recommended Country + Strategy:

Germany - Imperialist, Perfect D., Guerrilla W.
UK - Iron Fist, Imperialist
Ukraine - Guerrilla W., Sky M., Desert S.

Recommended strategies:

- Guerrilla Warfare
- Imperialist *Highly recommended
- Iron Fist *Premium only strat-- search for advice (or ask me here)
- Sky Menace *Spain/UK-- Search for advice
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.04.2013 - 21:29
Can I get advice on Iron Fist, please?
----
hi
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.04.2013 - 02:10
Iron Fist usually has 1 word in EU+ countries - infantry (ground main defence unit).
It is cheap and with Iron Fist, it's also enough buffed up to have the ability to fight in every situation - offense and defense.
I'd recommend only to build tanks in case you feel very rich or you badly need this extra firepower and attack given by them.
Countries good for 10k - UK and perhaps Germany, although Perfect Defense is considered to be better for Germany.
Countries good for 5k - basically every country you can choose, but most of all, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and Greece.
Since Iron Fist has a nerf in unit range and you can't move your militia, wall only the most important cities with your infantry.
In Iron Fist, every unit can fight. Don't be afraid to send that extra Air Transport full of militia to attack or defense, since even as little as a few militia can turn the tides with a strategy such as Iron Fist.

I guess it's all i can say, but if there are more questions, i guess Vendetta can answer them for you
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.04.2013 - 05:35
I'm going to take the other side on this. I'm not very experienced with 1 v 1 but I've never tried IF. Seems like unless you pick second and start right next to your opponent you would risk putting yourself at a large disadvantage.

I think that strategy is better suited for 3 v 3.

SM, PD, GC, GW, and IMP (turkey) all seem like good choices
----
He always runs while others walk. He acts while other men just talk. He looks at this world and wants it all. So he strikes like Thunderball.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.04.2013 - 09:25
Thanks everyone for the advice.
----
hi
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.04.2013 - 17:38
Написао Brandreas, 23.04.2013 at 02:10

Iron Fist usually has 1 word in EU+ countries - infantry (ground main defence unit).
It is cheap and with Iron Fist, it's also enough buffed up to have the ability to fight in every situation - offense and defense.
I'd recommend only to build tanks in case you feel very rich or you badly need this extra firepower and attack given by them.
Countries good for 10k - UK and perhaps Germany, although Perfect Defense is considered to be better for Germany.
Countries good for 5k - basically every country you can choose, but most of all, Belgium, Austria, Denmark and Greece.
Since Iron Fist has a nerf in unit range and you can't move your militia, wall only the most important cities with your infantry.
In Iron Fist, every unit can fight. Don't be afraid to send that extra Air Transport full of militia to attack or defense, since even as little as a few militia can turn the tides with a strategy such as Iron Fist.

I guess it's all i can say, but if there are more questions, i guess Vendetta can answer them for you

Germany is one of the most superior IF locals in 10k Europe known to man.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
24.04.2013 - 05:19
Написао Dr Lecter, 23.04.2013 at 17:38

Написао Brandreas, 23.04.2013 at 02:10

Germany is one of the most superior IF locals in 10k Europe known to man.

I know it. I've just seen PD to be more widely used when Germany is chosen. Maybe I'm playing the wrong people
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
24.04.2013 - 17:22
Написао Lord Celestus, 22.04.2013 at 21:29

Can I get advice on Iron Fist, please?

Iron Fist is a very neat little strategy. Basically, all of your units get a +2 HP at the cost of -2 range on all units. Note: Militia have NO movement with Iron Fist*.

Iron Fist has no cost upgrades or downgrades. For me, this means your best weapon is Infantry. Infantry are cheap and can be made in abundance more easily than tanks or bombers. Iron Fist is all about taking land and holding it down, out numbered or not. This makes expansion and offense plenty easier, and allows for a mean defense that could punish your enemy from the start.

Always make big stacks of infantry, and try to keep up your amount of units available. I recommend not focusing too much on walls but definitely use them moderately as needed.

Don't lose a capital or use bombers/Airtransports. Naval trans are acceptable when needed... like say from Denmark to Sweden.

I am not much of a teacher, here is something for a less raw reference: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2018
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
13.06.2013 - 10:26
Well I you see 10k is easy 5k is challenging and so on and on.In 10k try crashing players expansion in first turn predict where they gone take countries and this will make you a winner everytime you play a game.try learning some atwar secrets from skilled players Like E.A.B or Tophats or maybe Desu.Always Keep Pressure on your enemy And try taking there economy down by getting btw If your against turkey always take balkans and take his capital cities will just knock his economy and his troops spamming.Well thats all
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.09.2013 - 12:04
Написао Guest, 23.04.2013 at 06:31

Написао Lord Celestus, 22.04.2013 at 18:35

Hi, i'm trying to get tons of SP to rank up, so i've started to try out 1v1's.

If your looking to get a bunch of sp fast i recommend you play UN games as UN and go rouge and kill everyone, this is the fastest way. Also if you don't feel like playing try going on other sites and inviting as many players as you can this also gives you sp.

but if your committed to 1vs1 always play against lower ranks xaxaxa

LOL
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
18.09.2013 - 23:46
Написао Permamuted, 18.09.2013 at 19:35

Написао Goblin, 27.05.2013 at 15:49

Until i got to rank 8, 90% of my games were 1vs1 and i did it because playing anything else was so hard to win with constant gangbangs and betraying in low ranks games.

So what i want to say is you can rank up and win good sp by 1vs1 games, but you have to win and you have to win like 15games/per day ...of course this applies to quick games where you would win like 150-250 sp per game xD

interesting, i earned rank 8 mainly through group world games, my principle is win with as few allies or if no allies if possible. its challenging and if you win you get a lot of sp.

It's challenging if Russia, DR Congo, Indonesia, China North, USA Great Lakes, USA Pacific, Mexico, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UK, and Morocco all gang bang your epic Germany IF. Challenging, but you will never win. If you did, you are either Tophats or they were very piss poor allies and did literally nothing for the sake of strategic advantage.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
19.09.2013 - 07:21
Написао Goblin, 19.09.2013 at 06:36

Написао Permamuted, 18.09.2013 at 19:35

Написао Goblin, 27.05.2013 at 15:49

Until i got to rank 8, 90% of my games were 1vs1 and i did it because playing anything else was so hard to win with constant gangbangs and betraying in low ranks games.

So what i want to say is you can rank up and win good sp by 1vs1 games, but you have to win and you have to win like 15games/per day ...of course this applies to quick games where you would win like 150-250 sp per game xD

interesting, i earned rank 8 mainly through group world games, my principle is win with as few allies or if no allies if possible. its challenging and if you win you get a lot of sp.

How do you play group world game with no allies if possible? ...idk i never wanted to play world after one game where players on purpose changed turn time to 12 minutes just to get me to leave the game.

i made a thread about that, i got 5v1'd one day and a rank 8 attempted to force through 1 min turns and late joining. boths sides have to approve any setting changes and since i was on my own id the deciding vote so he wasnt able to do that, although the 3 min turns were barely enough when i was fighting on so many fronts.

that being said though i killed 2 of them by turn 50 and then won by sp. got a cool 5k sp for the game, although it was 3 hours of intense gameplay since i hadnt a moment to spare to stop them from taking important countries.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
19.09.2013 - 08:01
If u want to get a lot of sp´s, for me the best way is playing ancient world, if u know it and u are good u can get games with more than 1000 sp´s, but they are long games.

i f u want to get many sp´s in 1v1, it´s a good way too.

u can get games with 1 or 2 hundred sps in a few turns, and 3 or 4 hundred sps in more turns.

i like very much play 1v1.

As says "V", for me the best strat in 1v1 especially in 5k games is imperialist.

And it´s true u should play depending of your favourites countries and movements, there people likes a lot germany, i hate germany for example, don´t ike and don´t know how to play with germany. (it´s an example), play when u feel better.

Which rank are u?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.09.2013 - 15:31
Написао Dr Lecter, 22.04.2013 at 20:19

Try not to speak during the battle unless spoken to.

Wait... What!? So that's how you win 1v1.

No wonder I keep losing in tournaments
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.09.2013 - 18:00
Написао Grimm, 21.09.2013 at 15:31

Написао Dr Lecter, 22.04.2013 at 20:19

Try not to speak during the battle unless spoken to.

Wait... What!? So that's how you win 1v1.

No wonder I keep losing in tournaments

I don't.

I don't uhm.

i'll just hang myself now.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.09.2013 - 18:09
Написао Thunderballs, 23.04.2013 at 05:35

I'm not very experienced with 1 v 1 but I've never tried IF.

look what thread you resurected guys :D thunder wasnt experienced in 1v1 then and hadnt try IF

thunder come back
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине