Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 114   Посвећено од стране: 348 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Caulerpa, 12.05.2013 - 11:57
Let me first say something about Dalmati. Even though it was pretty obvious that Dalmati is pretty inactive, now it's official. Most of us don't have as much as fun as we had months or even years ago and there is no point anymore. I believe we are and will be one of the most influential Afterwind coalitions along with few other names such as WBL, Empire SRB or BiteMe. We plan to keep the coalition and go inactive for some time.
There are several reasons for this:
1) Lack of challenge and competition - the current CW system is no good, the new players are not really good with no offense to anyone, there was a time when new players were actually good and able to beat higher ranked players on a much more complicated system with TB.
2) Departure of old school players, the best players have gone inactive which leads us to 1) again.

In my opinion, and in opinion of several other players - custom maps have destroyed competitiveness. People play UN maps and have no idea about game mechanics, strategies, or micromanagement.
Maybe, one day, we return to playing this game seriously, but now - there's no point.

We had a great time together, great coalition wars, there were some awesome rivalries. This is definitely the game I played the most and I found some really cool people whom I've added on Facebook.

Btw, I'm not saying I (we're) am leaving the game completely, we're just not playing this competitively anymore. I will come online to chat with other people and read forums so we will still see each other.

I don't know if I forgot to say something, I don't want to point out any names because I will forget someone.
Also, this is just my opinion on the Afterwind and its future, feel free to contribute.

Good luck and cya around.
21.11.2013 - 10:17
Scenarios and custom maps are what keep this game going. People pay to make maps or host, people get attracted to these maps. Having said that people also leave because of them, r8's that dont know how to wall except autistic style. People should learn how to play standard map and understand the game mechanics first, then play scenarios. And thats why these people are inactive, all the time trying to teach someone poofs away from their brain with the word ROGUE! They get attracted to decided neutrals and having nothing to fight for, nothing to expand for, nothing to compete for. Thats where they got the saying '' scenarios killed competitiveness''. But once people get deep into the game strategies and just plain trying to out smart your opponent without events or special units you get hooked. Respect the custom map players, but because of them playing scenarios its clans like dalmati and srb leave. Thats why, people should learn the game first and then play scenarios.
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 10:21
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
Написао The Tactician, 21.11.2013 at 10:17

Scenarios and custom maps are what keep this game going. People pay to make maps or host, people get attracted to these maps. Having said that people also leave because of them, r8's that dont know how to wall except autistic style. People should learn how to play standard map and understand the game mechanics first, then play scenarios. And thats why these people are inactive, all the time trying to teach someone poofs away from their brain with the word ROGUE! They get attracted to decided neutrals and having nothing to fight for, nothing to expand for, nothing to compete for. Thats where they got the saying '' scenarios killed competitiveness''. But once people get deep into the game strategies and just plain trying to out smart your opponent without events or special units you get hooked. Respect the custom map players, but because of them playing scenarios its clans like dalmati and srb leave. Thats why, people should learn the game first and then play scenarios.

This is so true. Support
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 16:30
Цитирај:

And you dare say that to the player who contributed the most to map-making and scenarios in this game.

You are the perfect example of an individual complaining and trash-talking about everything, when you ain't shit yourself. You act cool in the forums, but you're not fooling anyone, your skill is awful. And just to revive some of your positive memories, check out the duels in which you lasted no longer than 4 turns, against your own rank. You are a rank 8 LOLOL http://atwar-game.com/users/profile.php?user_id=180291

I don't need fucking gay autist maps to make me feel better about myself or give my voice any more right.

I paid premium and I do help other players learn the basics of the game. As far as I can concern, I don't need to be 'cool' in front of anybody.

I just think it's stupid that someone who customizes maps can tell everybody else that they're wrong just because they make maps. It's a two way street of counter-productivity to me.

Desu covered everything else I wanted to touch on. Have fun on your pedestal like always, unleashed.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 17:30
I played WWII again a couple days ago. I was China fighting a rank 10 Japan. This rank 10 didn't TB at all, never wf'd, never walled except for first turn on important cities. This player probably knows nothing about turn priority and how that affects everything you attempt to do in that move. All this player did was spam units and because of how unbalanced the map is, he won. I used up every single reinforcement on my land and I was outmatched by about 30-60 units.

You make Japan OP for the sake of role playing and having western USA save the day by spamming bombers at Japan. It is because of this reason that the skill level of everybody has decreased. You morons would rather roll play than actually learn how to properly play the damn game. Making maps gives you no more credibility, if anything it gives you less credibility as you're spreading the cancer by doing so.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 19:12
Написао Desu, 21.11.2013 at 05:38
Will all of us unanimously agree to play a 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 coalition war on pulse's A Song of Ice and Fire map? No, of course not.

You know nothing, Desu Snow ;_;

(btw, I agree with what you said)
----
Написао Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 19:23
Whats with all the hate with senarios and why is the so call competitive community all ways bitching on senario players more people like to play senarios end off story
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.11.2013 - 00:33
Dalmati should return.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.11.2013 - 06:55
Написао Cpt.Magic, 21.11.2013 at 19:23

Whats with all the hate with senarios and why is the so call competitive community all ways bitching on senario players more people like to play senarios end off story

They aren't the "so called" competitive community, they ARE the competitive community. They enjoy the pinnacle of competition this game has to offer and with players playing scenarios such as your UNs, they don't acquire skill, but acquire SP, thus reducing the player base from which they can recruit new talents.

People can play whatever they want, but it's a fact: UNs hardly improve one's skill in this game. Unless if you count "allying as many people as you can" a skill.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
22.11.2013 - 11:37
When we do the reunion day in December, there should be an epic CW or 3v3 or something between Dalmati and Biteme! or something. That would be epic.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.11.2013 - 00:10
Написао Dr Lecter, 21.11.2013 at 16:30
I don't need fucking gay autist maps to make me feel better about myself or give my voice any more right.

I paid premium and I do help other players learn the basics of the game. As far as I can concern, I don't need to be 'cool' in front of anybody.

I just think it's stupid that someone who customizes maps can tell everybody else that they're wrong just because they make maps. It's a two way street of counter-productivity to me.

Desu covered everything else I wanted to touch on. Have fun on your pedestal like always, unleashed.

No, you are just awful are arguing. In every thread, you cant hold a single opinion and justify it. Cutsom maps cna be edited. I dont see why players are obsessed with the default map when they can create their own tournament style map specified for competitive gameplay. Do they bother? No. They cry about competition but really, they worked their hardest to get their biggest competition banned and refused to play agianst them. Then, when they left, they had nothing left to do.

So good job, Dalmati. Good job Mods. You destroyed this competition, then you shat on its grave with UN custom maps. Even now, you are banned good players. So, what do you expect to happen?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.11.2013 - 01:11
 Desu
I'm sorry for directing this a little off topic, but the reply I got demanded it.
Написао Tik-Tok, 23.11.2013 at 00:06

Funny, I rember your clan being Anti SRB. I also remember many players leaving not due to a lack of competition, but because of heavy moderation. They left long before custom maps.

Are you seriously grouping me with Anti-SRB sentiment and Dalmati? I don't want to turn this into a SRB thread, but c'mon man. My clan grouped with "Anti-SRB"? Really? You didn't know Houdini/me/Barrymore helped Stalins Martians along in their early stages, posting tips in their forums and training its leaders such as B0nker2 and Vdog115? Stalins Martians was and is anything BUT anti-SRB. I even still consider myself SRB over Stalins Martians, helping them along. I don't deny the statement about players leaving because of the horrid moderation though. That's true.

I also remember a certain mod watch said SRBs in a training match creating unique moves which a Mod watched... and then played against.
This did happen. I was the one doing private games with Barrymore 24/7 every chance we got testing these moves. (also Cow)

Dont make bull claims that SRB and others left due to lack of compeition. They left becuase theyw ere continuously banned, evne now, our best and brightest are being banned. I didnt see you complaining, I saw you celebrating. Dalmati has always been ivory tower elitists who actively attemtped to sabotage SRB. The Funniest part? They REFUSED to play us. So much for your desperate need for COMPETITIVENESS when you refused to play against SRB.
I do not deny that SRB left in part due to the moderation. I even knew what they were banned for. In fact, I was the first AW friend Fruit constantly played with, and ever since the creation of Kanker Elysium (hell, even as far back as /int/) I've been apart of the SRB group. And since you're quoting me, I assume you're directing "I saw you celebrating" at me. Yes, Dalmati has "sabotaged" Empire SRB and has been against SRB since the beginning of time, that's called rivalry. This is in the past. I'm only posting in support of competition to improve the current situation.

People re writing Atwar History. Hilarious.
In fact, you know what's even more hilarious? I've had administrator powers in the Empire SRB IRC channel since the start of Solunae Penticus/Empire SRB. I've seen all the screen shots given by Aristo, Fruit, Vaglneer, Zog, etc of everything you mention here. I even volunteered to take part of another member's ban (we asked the admins if we could divide a ban among us instead of having a long ban on one person). I know exactly what went on between the mods and SRB. However, I'm choosing to go past the whole "bad moderators" point because I want to talk about improving competition. I don't need to sit and insult. Why? Because I'm more worried about the current situation than conflicts that happened a year+ ago. I still talk to Aristosseur/Fruit/Zog when they're online, but definitely not over atWar.

I don't even want to attack you the same way you are me, I'm not accustomed to none-logical attacks, but I'll have a go at it. You said, "They REFUSED to play us." As if you ever entered the IRC channel where the important topics and information is centred, or were even there at the beginning of Solunae Penticus. You weren't. You only joined after the peak of SRB was long past.

Написао Tik-Tok, 23.11.2013 at 00:10
Cutsom maps cna be edited. I dont see why players are obsessed with the default map when they can create their own tournament style map specified for competitive gameplay. Do they bother? No. They cry about competition but really, they worked their hardest to get their biggest competition banned and refused to play agianst them. Then, when they left, they had nothing left to do.

So good job, Dalmati. Good job Mods. You destroyed this competition, then you shat on its grave with UN custom maps. Even now, you are banned good players. So, what do you expect to happen?
You reply to him about "editing their own tournament map" and not the other half of my previous post explaining plainly what is reality? Aight. Again, I don't deny the mods part in your post, just trying to direct you to the actual discussion.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.11.2013 - 02:04
 Leaf
What's been stated by Desu is that not only has the custom maps and scenarios played a major role in taking competition away, so has heavy moderation which Tik-Tok seems to heavily emphasise on. Is it just me or are you guys debating about what the initial causes were instead of trying to address the problem at hand? Oh, wait. We can't do anything about both the heavy moderation and the obstruction of competitiveness without the admins and mods consent. As ironic as it may sound, I'm not trying to point fingers and I'm being extremely blunt when I say this, but I think it's pretty clear what the cause is. Who knows? Maybe just a little extra attention and care towards the game would do the job.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
23.11.2013 - 14:14
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
Why are you guys going off topic? Look at the title :3
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.11.2013 - 09:36
 VRIL
Topic unlocked again. I cleaned most recent off topic posts to keep this topic alive.

Just to remind some of you; this topic is about:
-the rise and fall of major a competitor
-the general impact of custom maps
-the culture of competitive gaming
-the coalition war system
-the future of our competitive scene

Not about how much you dislike map XY/scenario XY personally
Not about the balance of map XY/ scenario XY in particular
Not about certain individuals
Not about moderation

Please keep that in mind.
Have fun!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.11.2013 - 10:45
 Soul
Not to sound rude, arrogant, and naive but Dalmati, SRB, they are all sort of dead now (no offense to the people in these clans actually in the forums but you know what I mean). What caused it to happen doesn't matter in the sense that they are gone, they aren't coming back, time to just accept that and move on. It matters in the sense that we don't want more people and coalitions similiar leaving the game like that. I do not see them being 'revived' any time soon even if competitiveness does increase and whatever other reasons made them leave are gone. It's over, simply put, time for the new era, the new generation. To be honest I don't think many of the newer players could give a damn about them or learn about them, or care for this thread. Saying things didn't change, my ass please, things did change, the old tb system was thrown out a new one was put in, custom maps were implemented, and new mods were added. Changes did happen but the reality is what they did was increase the game's noob friendliness and decrease the amount of skill needed to enjoy many features of the game.

As a new player why bother with europe+ when I can play this cool scenario and role play, and not only that, there isn't just one map like this but dozens. There is only like what two version of europe? A couple dozen old players left but hundreds of new ones stepped in. Games are more about having fun than being competitive in my opinion and the AW player base seems to be having more fun playing scenarios then Europe+ 3vs3 for competitive play. Things changed just in none of the ways the competitive player base wanted to, because in reality the competitive player base is smaller than the fun casual gamer player base, and what do you think matters more, keeping the few elites or the masses? The competitive system is there, coalition wars are there, maps (well only europe+) for competitive play are there. If the majority of the player base doesn't take interest in it what can you do? There could be more maps for competitive play/modes for it but the chances of everyone agreeing upon it as stated earlier are non-existent. Europe+ 3vs3 has become the norm for competitive play and will always be the basis for it.

You know what I think one problem is, competitive play is too elitist, it's not easy to get into in it since every 3vs3 public you see is like +7 +8 now for min rank. When is a new player ever going to be introduced to it? Why feel bothered to? I'm having fun and making SP in my scenarios, why should I waste time with that? Things have to get worse before they can get better. Which means letting lower ranks into 3vs3s even though it'll diminsh the skill level in these games. At least then they can play in that type of environment and learn things for them. I'm tired of hearing the older players cry about the lack of skill, there is no skill because you are all gone and you've left no one to teach the 'new' generation. People aren't flocking to play 3vs3 anymore, so you're going to have to reach out to players and bring them in now, and the older players don't seem to being willing to do that. And reality is newer players aren't going to generally do it on their own for reasons I've just pointed out. So we're just lefting playing with our thumbs talking about the past and where it all went wrong. Argue about what the 'true' cause of this and that all day, arguing about history is pointless to me, argue about what you can do to improve the future as well as the present please.

Sorry if there are any errors or if anything is unclear here, I sort of rushed it.

P.S Thank you for cleaning this up and re-opening it.
----
Написао Amok, 12.03.2012 at 07:05

Why? It's much easier with the popup thingie buttons...

Написао Amok, 15.05.2013 at 06:51

Wow man, you're so wrong, I don't even know where to begin with
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.11.2013 - 11:48
Написао Soul, 26.11.2013 at 10:45

You know what I think one problem is, competitive play is too elitist, it's not easy to get into in it since every 3vs3 public you see is like +7 +8 now for min rank.

I agree with this.

When i was a rank 6 and tried to join a competitive 3 vs 3, i use to get kicked for no apparent reason other than my rank.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.11.2013 - 13:10
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
I don't know. You may get kicked if you're a rank 6 playing for the first time. But why not to join a good cln and ask to play? They will surely not say no, and they will do their best to help you.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.11.2013 - 13:13
Написао Tundy, 26.11.2013 at 11:48

You know what I think one problem is, competitive play is too elitist, it's not easy to get into in it since every 3vs3 public you see is like +7 +8 now for min rank.

I agree with this.

When i was a rank 6 and tried to join a competitive 3 vs 3, i use to get kicked for no apparent reason other than my rank.

Yet a rank 6 joining your 3 vs 3 game and failing the game , i am not ready to add someone to game for this reason and i am sure you wont do it same as i am , unless you have extra time to make a new game
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
26.11.2013 - 22:40
Написао YazanTheSexy, 26.11.2013 at 13:13

Написао Tundy, 26.11.2013 at 11:48

I agree with this.

Yet a rank 6 joining your 3 vs 3 game and failing the game , i am not ready to add someone to game for this reason and i am sure you wont do it same as i am , unless you have extra time to make a new game

i wont fail the game tact stronk!
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.06.2014 - 13:30
Sir K Jumah
Профил је обрисан
Hell, I felt like I'm noob player to elite players because of my rank. Hell, my other account, Hawkk (no longer exist anymore, due to big issues), rank 6, gave lots of impressions and apparently, I was known as the best player of rank 5/6. That's what most people said to me, when I won leading to the victories in CW (most of time, few of them I defeated), I was shocked, it's like I was going to die and then going to Heaven. I mean, looking down to the rank 6, what else can you visualize? Rank 6 becomes talent player, or just a lucky bastard player?

I mean, why can't you guys give young, talent players, such as rank 4/5/6, chances to play against you a lot who are on higher ranks? You can kindly advise them something and they'll learn new mistakes. No matter to clans, or to non-clans, but still, you know they still got a long work to do as long as they wanted to achieve (for some of them) to become one of the best players in near future.

I am sadden, that looking down to rank 4/5/6, they won't get a chance to play against other elite players. Yes, obviously, they can play with their clanmates, but why can't they just give a try to play against other elite players?

Yes, sometimes they are noob, or sometimes they are too good for their ranks' sake, it's just the matter to have "fair" situations to everyone, being equal to everyone. Even I saw someone who is rank 10/11, they are so noob at 3v3, so... same thing with lower ranks too...

On the other hand, it would be awesome to see lower ranks verse higher ranks, this'll give a lot of chance for lower ranks to copy higher ranks' skills matter of 3v3.

I love 3v3, I hate most of the scenarios, and I often playing 3v3.

Some of you know who I am. I'm Hawkk, rank 6.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.06.2014 - 14:01
Hawk, the problem is, the majority of the low ranks are noobs RA spammers. If somebody by rank 5 hasn't played a 3 v 3 in his life, he won't ever become good. That's why you have a lot of high ranks that are shit, because they got into competitive too late, and now all they can do is to imitate tactics, get out of their routine and they are death easy to beat.

How to solve this? Start training people since rank 3, show them how being good in Europe gives them a major advantage when playing the maps they like.

Currently you are in a training coalition, if you aren't given enough attention you are welcome to join FAR
I am willing to help you learn the basics and medium tactics over and over until you get learn them or get tired of training.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.06.2014 - 14:34
Написао Tundy, 09.06.2014 at 14:01

Hawk, the problem is, the majority of the low ranks are noobs RA spammers. If somebody by rank 5 hasn't played a 3 v 3 in his life, he won't ever become good. That's why you have a lot of high ranks that are shit, because they got into competitive too late, and now all they can do is to imitate tactics, get out of their routine and they are death easy to beat.

How to solve this? Start training people since rank 3, show them how being good in Europe gives them a major advantage when playing the maps they like.

Currently you are in a training coalition, if you aren't given enough attention you are welcome to join FAR
I am willing to help you learn the basics and medium tactics over and over until you get learn them or get tired of training.

thats not true, it depends on the player, i played my first 3v3 when i was r7, and didnt actually have a proper go at the competitive team games until late rank 8 when i finally joined a clan.

i sucked at first, ask khal lol, my first or 2nd teamgame i believe i first turn wf'd a player, if memory serves right it was dbacks or someone like that. it seemed like a good idea at the time and id no idea about the rules involving that lol.

anyways the player who introduced me to this game introduced me to the default world map first so it was where i mainly stayed. up until r8 my favourite was high fund world games with the rest of the ra spammers

thats where i think the problem lies, players joining the beginners lobby as rank zero only to be thrown into 20 player rps, thinking this encompasses the atwar experience. diplomacy and nuke/chemical weapon spam on a severely imbalanced map. atwar was built around the default map, so why isnt it being promoted more? i dont think low ranks should be able to join scenarios until r4+, would encourage new players to play a bit too so they can try out some of the flashy scenarios.

what encouraged me to stick around and play was witnessing the potential skill level a player could reach, watching high ranks in world games singlehandedly killing multiple players. Learsters mos thread was another inspiration for me, made me want to keep playing and become good.

but players will take their own path on aw, mine brought me to competitive, others will lead to scenarios, it depends on the player and what they enjoy. but i do feel your early experiences on aw will define whether youll stick around or not and what kindve player youll become.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
09.06.2014 - 14:57
Написао Permamuted, 09.06.2014 at 14:34

i believe i first turn wf'd a player, if memory serves right it was dbacks or someone like that. it seemed like a good idea at the time and id no idea about the rules involving that lol.

LOL
----
The Most Feared Nazi Germany and SM Ukraine player in AW history. Retired

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
10.08.2015 - 23:20
Написао clovis1122, 10.08.2015 at 18:58

Omg don't bump holy threads like this one, they shall be NEVER LOCKED and NEVER BUMPED.

inb4 mod lock...

thanks for making me lock.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине