Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 114   Посвећено од стране: 348 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Caulerpa, 12.05.2013 - 11:57
Let me first say something about Dalmati. Even though it was pretty obvious that Dalmati is pretty inactive, now it's official. Most of us don't have as much as fun as we had months or even years ago and there is no point anymore. I believe we are and will be one of the most influential Afterwind coalitions along with few other names such as WBL, Empire SRB or BiteMe. We plan to keep the coalition and go inactive for some time.
There are several reasons for this:
1) Lack of challenge and competition - the current CW system is no good, the new players are not really good with no offense to anyone, there was a time when new players were actually good and able to beat higher ranked players on a much more complicated system with TB.
2) Departure of old school players, the best players have gone inactive which leads us to 1) again.

In my opinion, and in opinion of several other players - custom maps have destroyed competitiveness. People play UN maps and have no idea about game mechanics, strategies, or micromanagement.
Maybe, one day, we return to playing this game seriously, but now - there's no point.

We had a great time together, great coalition wars, there were some awesome rivalries. This is definitely the game I played the most and I found some really cool people whom I've added on Facebook.

Btw, I'm not saying I (we're) am leaving the game completely, we're just not playing this competitively anymore. I will come online to chat with other people and read forums so we will still see each other.

I don't know if I forgot to say something, I don't want to point out any names because I will forget someone.
Also, this is just my opinion on the Afterwind and its future, feel free to contribute.

Good luck and cya around.
31.07.2013 - 09:48
Two years later, ZOG is right.

Playing without turnblocking, using spam strategies and the same countries has proven boring, right?

Alright, it's not a constructive post up to this point:

Here, maybe it is time to study the pasta in my signature.

It may help.
----
hue
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.09.2013 - 10:43
Dalmati come back... we need to get the competitiveness back to atwar plz be the revival of this game!
----
We are not the same - I am a Martian.
We are not the same - I am a... divided constellation?

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.09.2013 - 12:43
I have abandoned too many games for this one to die too :|.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.09.2013 - 14:19
 VRIL
The competitive scene isnt dying. It is changing in fact. Dominant coalitions come and go, there was NoE, Kanker and Dalmati and there will be others in the future. There is a much bigger equality between the coalitions nowadays and more CW games overall. Many good coalitions are competing for the trophies. You should see it as a chance to be a part of it.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
27.09.2013 - 14:43
You convinced me VRIL, I'm already part of it, as i am with evoL!
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 04:51
Yeah, if we come back there will be no competition again. Haha, joking (partly )
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 06:24
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
Caulerpa, make Dalmati come back
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 07:11
His right stupid UN games and scenarios are ruining this game everyone play them because of big SP.But when you 1vs1 one of them they don't know basic things to do
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 07:14
7 days left
Профил је обрисан
Написао THE_Militia, 15.11.2013 at 07:11

His right stupid UN games and scenarios are ruining this game everyone play them because of big SP.But when you 1vs1 one of them they don't know basic things to do

Ikr, ranks 8 that don't know how to trap. Or ranks 9 that don't know how TB works.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 07:28
How does Dalmati know that there is not enough competition? None of their members play 3v3's anymore (except on rare occasions). Not to mention, the CW scene continues to increase competitively as players develop their game. It would be great to see Dalmati play one clan war to see if they are as good as they believe themselves to be! Otherwise, I must conclude that the current active coalitions are the strongest in AW.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 07:44
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
Написао Malevos, 15.11.2013 at 07:28

How does Dalmati know that there is not enough competition? None of their members play 3v3's anymore (except on rare occasions). Not to mention, the CW scene continues to increase competitively as players develop their game. It would be great to see Dalmati play one clan war to see if they are as good as they believe themselves to be! Otherwise, I must conclude that the current active coalitions are the strongest in AW.

You should have been here when they were playing. I was once in that clan and damn, they only lost 4 CWs you know
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 07:48
Написао Guest, 15.11.2013 at 07:44

You should have been here when they were playing. I was once in that clan and damn, they only lost 4 CWs you know

Yeah you were a Dalmati Pup that was chosen to move to Dalmati right? I know they were the best beyond all reasonable doubt. But things have changed...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 07:53
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
Написао Malevos, 15.11.2013 at 07:48

Написао Guest, 15.11.2013 at 07:44

Yeah you were a Dalmati Pup that was chosen to move to Dalmati right? I know they were the best beyond all reasonable doubt. But things have changed...

I don't know, I've been playing for almost 2 years already, but Dalmati Pups was my first clan (joined when rank 4/5), then moved to Bite Me Too. I joined Dalmati Pups back after a long time as rank 8/9 (leader) and after that I was moved to Dalmati. It was a great clan but after some time, I knew this was going to happen so I left it.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 09:34
Well they will be back for a day on nov the 16th! and hopefully more days to come. And do not play UN.
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 11:53

How does Dalmati know that there is not enough competition?

I don't, I was just joking if we come back there WILL BE no competition. Also, to repeat, JOKING.

And we'll be back tomorrow I hope but we won't play CWs.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 12:41
Death1812
Профил је обрисан
Написао Caulerpa, 15.11.2013 at 11:53

I don't, I was just joking if we come back there WILL BE no competition. Also, to repeat, JOKING.

why did you ignore me?
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 12:55
Написао Guest, 15.11.2013 at 12:41

why did you ignore me?

becaue he can
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 13:02

we won't play CWs.

Too bad because there are so many players that are anticipating tomorrow's event and would be very entertained! Maybe we will get to at least watch a 3v3.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 13:11
I'm down to fight in a Dalmati vs. All
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 16:09
3v3 sounds fun and reasonable.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 21:44
AlexMeza
Профил је обрисан
Yes I wanna challenge Dalmatians I will do my best to get on tomorrow! :3
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
15.11.2013 - 23:41
I challenge VRIL CAULERPA and LEARSTER vs ME and 2 nubz! :p
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.11.2013 - 03:52
Class is permanent but ofc Caulerpra wouldn't want to CW having been out of regular playing. 3v3 though between the current top clan (Hi) and the all time best clan would be nice.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
20.11.2013 - 11:10
Perhaps if you guys put more effort into training new players and actually playing game soutside of your 3vs3 Elitist games then maybe thigns would improve. You wonder why I dont play 3vs3 games? Because it got boring months before we got editor. In my maps, I teach people. I setup rules which prevetn cheating. I create fair and balanced units with a variety of strats.

People complain about custom and yet in my WWII, each country has different roles and strats that work. Ultimate WWI is even more competitive where using PD in some areas would likely lead to going bankrupt.

If you dont train new people, and leave your 3vs3 games to actually talk to the nooblets, you'll never see any imporvement.

But I doubt you will. Go and cicrlejerk in your chat rooms about the good old days. So productive.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
20.11.2013 - 12:17
Написао Tik-Tok, 20.11.2013 at 11:10

stop playing what you like and instead play my shitmaps with shitunits that are obviously much better than normal maps or else I will insult you and masturbate to all of your complaints.

You're about as productive as radioactive waste seeping into drinking water.
----
"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 03:12
Написао Dr Lecter, 20.11.2013 at 12:17

stop playing what you like and instead play my shitmaps with shitunits that are obviously much better than normal maps or else I will insult you and masturbate to all of your complaints.

Nice rebuttal. SO logical. Funny how all these beta players could literally make their own versions of the world map, to adjust any issue they have. They have direct and free access to this ability. They cna nerf any strat they want, change any income or production they want.

And yet these people somhow need the magical amok to come in and save them becuase only HE can change the stats of Infantry.

You cna change Infantry cost, range, attack, defense. Any strat they feel is OP, they can change however they want. But no, their answer is to whinge and mope about the Default map and its units which they can have total and complete control over. And while they bitch in their little elitist towers, refusing to teach the nooblets, they cry over the strength of PD when they can nerf any strat they want by changing the units.

They cna do more, they cna create entirely new units based on these strats but what do they do? Bitch. Make 3vs3s and never bother to change anything they can do themselves.

Nope, just leave. Don't bother to do anything yourself.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 04:28
Написао Dr Lecter, 20.11.2013 at 12:17

And you dare say that to the player who contributed the most to map-making and scenarios in this game.

You are the perfect example of an individual complaining and trash-talking about everything, when you ain't shit yourself. You act cool in the forums, but you're not fooling anyone, your skill is awful. And just to revive some of your positive memories, check out the duels in which you lasted no longer than 4 turns, against your own rank. You are a rank 8 LOLOL http://atwar-game.com/users/profile.php?user_id=180291
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 04:35
 VRIL
Scenarios can be challenging but because of said roles they tend to be pretty one dimensional and repetitive.
There are two exceptions though which I find are well balanced and fun to play: Barbarossa and Colonial Empires.
I have never been much of a scenario player though I got to admit.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 05:38
 Desu
Oh and before anyone quotes too much, just quote the part you're responding to. We don't need huge quote trees stacking upon one another. Thanks.

Perhaps if you guys put more effort into training new players and actually playing game soutside of your 3vs3 Elitist games then maybe thigns would improve. You wonder why I dont play 3vs3 games? Because it got boring months before we got editor. In my maps, I teach people. I setup rules which prevetn cheating.

If you dont train new people, and leave your 3vs3 games to actually talk to the nooblets, you'll never see any imporvement.

But I doubt you will. Go and cicrlejerk in your chat rooms about the good old days. So productive.
We did train people, and the few who haven't left completely, still do. (aka me, very few others stayed, if any at all)

Dalmati, BiteMe!, and Empire SRB had a high level of competition between them, and all had training clans that competed with 5-6 other clans at a lower skill level(with new clans being made and killed repeatedly too). TB's were removed(in the middle of a tournament, no less) and players drew back on their playing time on afterwind or quit altogether. Every one of us put effort into training a new generation of players. We tried to improve the way afterwind was going.

I admit that the OP can be seen as condescending to some, but both points 1 and 2 stand.
I create fair and balanced units with a variety of strats.

People complain about custom and yet in my WWII, each country has different roles and strats that work. Ultimate WWI is even more competitive where using PD in some areas would likely lead to going bankrupt.
Here's the thing. You specifically and very few others can possibly make a map work. Some measure of balance can be achieved. Even a perfect imbalance is possible. Not all maps can gain this, not even close. Players spread out playing only custom maps and scenarios won't be playing balanced maps all the time. But the point in the OP is that players do not fully understand game mechanics by playing custom maps or scenarios.

My first point that I will try to describe is that the ones that play 3vs3's or 1vs1's on the standard map learn at a higher level. Learning on the standard map, be it eu+, eurasia, or even world, has its benefits. They play against, play with, and watch higher ranked players micromanage units for 100% efficiency and learn what is possible. Competitive clans teach their new players and lower ranks how to use and get the most out of every viable strategy.

Onto my second point. I can take a decent 3 vs 3(or 1vs1) player around rank 9 that plays on the standard map all the time, and never plays scenarios or custom maps, and make this player start on a map he has never played before. They will grasp the technicalities quickly and be able to match most players who play that very map on a regular basis. As this player gets more playthroughs and learns how every unit works and unit starting positions, they will be able to match most high ranks who play custom maps and scenarios. This is after maybe twenty plays. Easy.

The same cannot be said when you put this into reverse. A custom map/scenario player around rank 9 who has never played the standard map since they were rank 3 will never beat any top tier 3 vs 3 player more than they are beaten. Not even if they had a month. Not even if they had two months. Here's the thing, they will never be better than the already standard elite. I can even pick out low rank 5-6's who play the standard map that will grow to be far stronger than them(or already are) when they reach the same rank(9). In fact, if I somehow convinced Barrymore to return and gave Cow a rank 9 account, annoyed Fruit enough to get online, paid Aristosseur's debt to play, or suddenly VRIL/Bargain started playing again, they would wreck every new player that has reached rank 8+ within the last 6 months in both Custom/scenarios and 3 vs 3s/1vs1's. This is after months of not playing, or not playing regularly.

This is the difference between the so-called competition in custom maps/scenarios, and the standard map. Of course there are those who play both. Enjoy.

Написао Tik-Tok, 21.11.2013 at 03:12

Funny how all these beta players could literally make their own versions of the world map, to adjust any issue they have. They have direct and free access to this ability. They cna nerf any strat they want, change any income or production they want.

And yet these people somhow need the magical amok to come in and save them becuase only HE can change the stats of Infantry.

You cna change Infantry cost, range, attack, defense. Any strat they feel is OP, they can change however they want. But no, their answer is to whinge and mope about the Default map and its units which they can have total and complete control over. And while they bitch in their little elitist towers, refusing to teach the nooblets, they cry over the strength of PD when they can nerf any strat they want by changing the units.

They cna do more, they cna create entirely new units based on these strats but what do they do? Bitch. Make 3vs3s and never bother to change anything they can do themselves.
Alright. Sure, we can adjust what we want. But 3vs3's are training for coalition wars, which are pretty important. They are supposed to be the pinnacle of competition on this game. It's the time where each clan puts forward the result of all their training and effort. Some people have made new maps, EU++, or completely remodelled the world map, or adjusted EU+ to have more balance, but would we all agree to play on that? No. I can probably play on Colonial Empires or any other map at the same level as I do on EU+/world, but will most others? No. Will all of us unanimously agree to play a 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 coalition war on pulse's A Song of Ice and Fire map? No, of course not. Until those who clan war agree to something like this, standard 3vs3's on EU+ is the default and we will continue to train to have the highest winning percentage on this map. We will also continue to train low ranks that will be above the scenario/custom map player in skill.

In conclusion, the difference is between those who play to compete, those who play to experience maps of their imagination, and those who attempt both. As mentioned in the OP,
Написао Caulerpa, 12.05.2013 at 11:57
In my opinion, and in opinion of several other players - custom maps have destroyed competitiveness. People play UN maps and have no idea about game mechanics, strategies, or micromanagement.
the inclusion and promotion of custom maps has driven the overall skill level of AW down. The game may continue to grow, and the newer custom/scenario players may completely overwhelm and replace the older style 3vs3 competitive players, but don't be too hard on us because we want to have updates that direct players towards competitive play.

We're simply trying to save one good part of the game that we enjoy while you enjoy the rest.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
21.11.2013 - 07:33
 VRIL
Написао Desu, 21.11.2013 at 05:38

Some people have made new maps, EU++, or completely remodelled the world map, or adjusted EU+ to have more balance, but would we all agree to play on that? No. I can probably play on Colonial Empires or any other map at the same level as I do on EU+/world, but will most others? No. Will all of us unanimously agree to play a 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 coalition war on pulse's A Song of Ice and Fire map? No, of course not.
Im still positive about custom maps becoming part of the competitive map pool one day... Though it is anything but a simple task for map makers. The main reasons are that scenarios get the most plays among custom maps and the world game is an excellent map which is in developement for years! Also many map makers lack understanding of map balance and map requirements for competitive play.

For example ezzatams mirrored europe map, which maybe is an excellent idea but poorly executed and nearly useless for 3v3.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине