Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 44   Посвећено од стране: 83 users

Првобитни пост

Постављено од стране Prophic, 15.05.2013 - 06:07
[Note to readers... Ignore the spelling mistakes... i have issues with such a problem and i don't have the time right now to correct them...]

alright. im a big fan of stragity games. and i actually love this game becauase its so simple but gives the users such an ability to have multiably different styles of play. and takes in concdiereration of alot of things which is awesome. But i must say... The development team of At-War.. Your game will flopp in the next Year.. by not giving users *BASIC* tools such as Being able to create Games or you call the "game options".. and aswell limiting the creativity of your modding team by charging for the ability to create maps for your game.... down below are reasons why these two options limited will cause your game to fail...

Basic SUMMERY:

basicly you are limiting the community to the bare minimum of the Full game... This is first of all just greedy... By doing this you limit the expansion and growth of you're game dramaticly... This is why the game has a max of 50 games on at once instead of 100's of full ones... you basicly told the users they most pay Money to Help the game out with content... that infact is worse then what EA doe's.. you missed out completely on potental ability to have this game EXPLODE with players and user generated content... that seems to be the main selling point.. you have to think of you're Average user... Would they really spend over 20 euro on a game which is basicly Counter Values, Loop codes, If statements and a few nice background images?.. and for what? you think of your game as a shop.. but you need to concider it more of a Economy in total... When you charge Money for the tools that your game depends on.. you have just killed your economy.. these tools should be completely Open and free to use... because more users will create content for your game and will atract more players to your game... like i could see this game expand into a D&d style game or anything... but you have limited your users.. therefor limited your game...

Game Options:

1. these should be completely free and open without being on the premioum list... its just plain stupid to have to pay for "Game Options"
2. Charge users 10 SP if they want to unlock a Custom map made by someone else...
3. Give the origional creator 2 SP and Dispand the rest to keep the economy of the game Over flowing... and encurages GOOD creators to create more maps.

Modding abilities:
1. The modding tools should eather be able to be unlocked after Rank 5 completely free to use.. and the options th buy it before if they want..
2. to Submit a map to the Open market. the user must pay 10sp to put it on the online lists... He will be paid 2 sp everytime a user Unlocks his map...
3. you may create a map completely free and save it without it being on the online lists... these maps can't be used by anyone else... only the origional creator.
16.05.2013 - 15:50
Написао Amok, 16.05.2013 at 15:43

Написао Prophic, 16.05.2013 at 15:32

and yes i do know my shit... i am in a level 6 Game development course studing C++, C, JAVA, unity, UDK, along side the required Web development and networking... so go shove that up your admin ass...

Oh yeah? Well I'm a level 80 Paladin!

Lies. Amok is over 9000!!!
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 15:50

and yes i do know my shit... i am in a level 6 Game development course studing C++, C, JAVA, unity, UDK, along side the required Web development and networking... so go shove that up your admin ass...

AMOK IS GOING BERSERK, UNLEASH YOUR CRAZINESS
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 15:51
Написао raetahcodeupon, 16.05.2013 at 15:40

Написао Amok, 16.05.2013 at 15:24

Написао Prophic, 16.05.2013 at 15:15

your Game is basally If statements.. >=, <= Else if, loops, Timers and simple basic coding...

You're stating that I'm insulting you and then you say this. This is probably the biggest possible insult you could've came up with. In fact it's so insulting that I'm feeling obliged to say go fuck yourself, Prophic. But since I know you didn't really mean it and only said it because you don't know shit about game development, I forgive you. You may now continue posting your stupid advices as I find them quite entertaining, in a weird way.

how the fuck is that an Insult? i just said your game is basicly Programming. are you so ignorent and up yourself that you Cant take "CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIZEM" i know there has been work put into this. but its not at the same level as a 3 dementional or graphical powered game.. By giving it out. and getting your profits from Ad's and Optional purchase.. Instead of Cutting the game put and selling parts.. you Would make such a fortune for those Ill paition'd kids who play and have their parents credit card (A joke just in case your going to pull this out my ass)

why not take a step back. Read over it. and stop trying to be overwelmd with simple advice Which has proven profits..
another example is a App game called Angry birds.. When it was given for free and placed ad's on it.. along side additional things... the game now makes More in a week then it did when it charged people to play..

This is the last time i try fucking help ye...

Seriously stop posting, if you continue you are going to make it worst.

i'm at the point where so what.. they ban me they ban me.. they don't seem interested in the big image of what their game could be so it doesnt matter at this point..
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 15:53

also a ignorent Imature fuck head... Thats what you are...

I just know you're going to get the point where your so pissed you'll ban me cause you are a little bitch..

I tried suggesting an idea which could make you guys alot of money but instead you decide to act like your pride is there to protect somthing... Just fucking listen for once and share you're opinon.. and not your stupid useless comments..
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 15:57
Написао Prophic, 16.05.2013 at 15:53

I just know you're going to get the point where your so pissed you'll ban me cause you are a little bitch..

I tried suggesting an idea which could make you guys alot of money but instead you decide to act like your pride is there to protect somthing... Just fucking listen for once and share you're opinon.. and not your stupid useless comments..

I really want to know the name of your franchise.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 16:25
Написао raetahcodeupon, 16.05.2013 at 15:57

Написао Prophic, 16.05.2013 at 15:53

I really want to know the name of your franchise.

18 and a student in college 2rd year level 6... I've been working with course since i was 16, normal ages 18.. been on computers since i was 3 years old.. i learned to speak at age 4.. so i had a head start on them... you think they had something like this when they were at the same age... in the next 2 years i will be working with a group of contracted developers on creating original idea's for game designers.. which will be funded by The same advice i am giving... making free big games that make as much money as the Boxsales and steam sales..

and the fact I'm 18 and know more about how to make money these people who own a company astonishes me.
nice one lads.
and if you take anything you're reading here.. just try it..
and bloody hell.. get yourself on a app market already.. you want the development of both at the same time... otherwise the original market of your game will not buy into the app edition... development at same time you get to keep both happy..
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 17:01
I have to agree prophic with this to some extent because he is giving some good advice.

Atwar is a great game and i have full respect with amok who created this game, but 15-20$ for the full version of the game in my opinion is too exspenisive comparable to other games, and at the same time you block lots of parts to the game, for example "sp discount" its 3$ and i struggle to believe anybody would spend money on that, another example is medals paclk at 3.49$.

i do believe you should charge for premium however i think that the price can be off putting for many people and this causes people to see the game as a "pay to win".

amok I think what you have built is amazing and has massive potential, and although prophic can be considered rude, he wouldnt put that much effort and write that much if all he wanted to do was insult you
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 17:07
 Amok (Админ)
Написао Prophic, 16.05.2013 at 16:25

in the next 2 years i will be working with a group of contracted developers on creating original idea's for game designers.. which will be funded by The same advice i am giving... making free big games that make as much money as the Boxsales and steam sales..

and the fact I'm 18 and know more about how to make money these people who own a company astonishes me.
nice one lads.

I know you're young and all, but be careful being so naive, it could be a very rude awakening one day. Just saying.
And thanks for your genuine intentions to help, but we're fine here.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 17:15
Lets all put this down in the hole and let a mod lock this fourm :-)
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 17:18
I wasn't trying to be rude.. but when i tried to explain somthing and i had a load of members and a admin on top of me.. i got a bit pissed. to think the admins would be stubern so soon... i'm trying to explain too you every way possible because explaining out out normal was discarded... so now i was backed and cornered because i tried to explain somthing to help..
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 17:29
Написао Prophic, 16.05.2013 at 17:18

I wasn't trying to be rude.. but when i tried to explain somthing and i had a load of members and a admin on top of me.. i got a bit pissed. to think the admins would be stubern so soon... i'm trying to explain too you every way possible because explaining out out normal was discarded... so now i was backed and cornered because i tried to explain somthing to help..

man, you just come and say: YOUR KILLING YOUR GAME
what if the title would be something more nice like: Give more opportunitys to free players.

then your idea is way off:
Game Options:

1. these should be completely free and open without being on the premioum list... its just plain stupid to have to pay for "Game Options"
2. Charge users 10 SP if they want to unlock a Custom map made by someone else...
3. Give the origional creator 2 SP and Dispand the rest to keep the economy of the game Over flowing... and encurages GOOD creators to create more maps.

1.- the game options are extra, and what about all the people that already pay for it?
2.- 10 sp is nothing, i can get up to 2k sp in a hour or 100 sp in a turn.
3.- same as number 2.

so whats the point? your just gonna increase the number of people that play the game, but you will give a fatal blow to the loyal and old players and to the income of the game.

More players + less income from premium = Admins have to pay for better servers with lower income.
----
Nothing to impede progress. If you want to see the fate of democracies, look out the windows.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 17:32
 Amok (Админ)

I wasn't trying to be rude.. but when i tried to explain somthing and i had a load of members and a admin on top of me.. i got a bit pissed. to think the admins would be stubern so soon... i'm trying to explainu every way possible because explaining out out normal was discarded... so now i was backed and cornered because i tried to explain somthing to help..

Friendly advice: next time you want to suggest or "give some tips" to someone, try doing it in a way that doesn't make you look like you're a biggest friggin expert in the universe. Do some research, at least know what you're talking about and most certainly don't name the thread "You're killing your game... [Tips from Prophic indie dev]"
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 19:42
Lol
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
16.05.2013 - 22:24
Написао Amok, 16.05.2013 at 17:32

I wasn't trying to be rude.. but when i tried to explain somthing and i had a load of members and a admin on top of me.. i got a bit pissed. to think the admins would be stubern so soon... i'm trying to explainu every way possible because explaining out out normal was discarded... so now i was backed and cornered because i tried to explain somthing to help..

Friendly advice: next time you want to suggest or "give some tips" to someone, try doing it in a way that doesn't make you look like you're a biggest friggin expert in the universe. Do some research, at least know what you're talking about and most certainly don't name the thread "You're killing your game... [Tips from Prophic indie dev]"

you are killing Prophic
----
>.>
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине