Купи премиум да би сакрио све рекламе.
Постови: 23   Посвећено од стране: 54 users
28.01.2015 - 08:32
You know when you post nice topic and some players ruin it by their unneeded, off-topic and even stupid comments?

So, I suggest idea that player who posted certain thread can disable comments on it.
Point of this is no waiting till mods lock thread, if player sees that comments went pretty far from starting theme, he can disable them.

I saw many times great threads are ruined with comments and quotes on that comments.

Example: Country tournament thread, player who posted it lost his time and effort to make it good for all. But other players are focused on arguing whose country is stronger, whose country got richer history and etc (like children in kindengarden who are arguing whose dad is stronger)

Hope you will like this idea, comment your opinions about this.

Ty, Croat
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 08:39
Support. Can be used to close sign-ups on tourney forums, to stop a flame war without waiting for mods, etc. Overall, a good feature to have. It's often a better alternative to deleting a post. It would also allow people to send messages they don't want others to respond to (post and then disable comments).
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 08:40
Understand the reasons but NO to this censorship tool. Forums are open (in general) and limited in particular cases.
Tools of censorship are not of free access.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 08:45
Написао Columna Durruti, 28.01.2015 at 08:40

Understand the reasons but NO to this censorship tool. Forums are open (in general) and limited in particular cases.

Then why are posters allowed to delete entire threads? This is an even bigger censorship because people can't even see what was previously said. Why not allow a better alternative to deleting threads? I understand that they can ask a mod to lock it, but why not just allow them to lock it if they are already allowed to delete it?
----
"Riddle me this, Riddle me that...?" - The Riddler

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 09:27
I kinda understand CD's point... it's a feature that people can abuse of... but on the other hand, I also understand Croat's point, I kinda hate it when things get out of hand
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 09:59
Написао clovis1122, 28.01.2015 at 09:55

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=16933

But support

Sorry bro, I really didnt see that thread
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 10:11
U mad
----

TJM !!!
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 10:15
Написао TheRiddler, 28.01.2015 at 08:45

Then why are posters allowed to delete entire threads? This is an even bigger censorship because people can't even see what was previously said. Why not allow a better alternative to deleting threads? I understand that they can ask a mod to lock it, but why not just allow them to lock it if they are already allowed to delete it?

You have a point. It would be then interesting to have a "general lock" function for topic creator rather than a selective "player related lock": allowing a monologue and not a "selective" (censored?) conversation.
This would be great for tournaments, that could have an open topic (Tournament signup and posting game results) and a closed topic (Tournament rules and results). Also in map showcase it could be useful to have a closed topic if map-maker only wants to post the map/scenarios features without having to engage in discussions.
All this, but considering not the capability of eliminating selectively "only" those threads that topic creator "dislikes".
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 10:37
Написао Columna Durruti, 28.01.2015 at 10:15

You have a point. It would be then interesting to have a "general lock" function for topic creator rather than a selective "player related lock": allowing a monologue and not a "selective" (censored?) conversation.
This would be great for tournaments, that could have an open topic (Tournament signup and posting game results) and a closed topic (Tournament rules and results). Also in map showcase it could be useful to have a closed topic if map-maker only wants to post the map/scenarios features without having to engage in discussions.
All this, but considering not the capability of eliminating selectively "only" those threads that topic creator "dislikes".

All you say is standing. I agree with you, this was only my suggestion..
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
28.01.2015 - 10:39

Why not allow a better alternative to deleting threads?

Forum history
http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=17158
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
30.01.2015 - 13:04
I support this, but I think there should be a list for who can and can not disable comments, based on the history of how they used the feature.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
30.01.2015 - 18:09
Maybe something like a space in forum, where players can start topics and everybody that adds comments to this topic has his post provisionally published (pending approval) in a gray backgrounded box or with a light colored background.
The creator of the topic can then approve the comment (NOT EDIT) and it becomes a permanent part of the topic... or the creator of the topic can disapprove the comment and it becomes hidden (NOT DELETED).
In the upper part of the topic there could be a check-box, which could allow players to read all comments (Approved and Dismissed).

Additionally, the dismissed comments could be rested from a players' post count, avoiding some posts that do not add to a discussion.

This could be implemented in a part of the forum as a testing ground... to see what happens.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
30.01.2015 - 18:49
Написао Columna Durruti, 30.01.2015 at 18:09

Maybe something like a space in forum, where players can start topics and everybody that adds comments to this topic has his post provisionally published (pending approval) in a gray backgrounded box or with a light colored background.
The creator of the topic can then approve the comment (NOT EDIT) and it becomes a permanent part of the topic... or the creator of the topic can disapprove the comment and it becomes hidden (NOT DELETED).
In the upper part of the topic there could be a check-box, which could allow players to read all comments (Approved and Dismissed).

Additionally, the dismissed comments could be rested from a players' post count, avoiding some posts that do not add to a discussion.

This could be implemented in a part of the forum as a testing ground... to see what happens.

Nice idea!
----

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
30.01.2015 - 22:10
Death1812
Профил је обрисан
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
31.01.2015 - 12:57

Now that's all we need!
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2015 - 06:45

I like the idea eventhough it might arise personal problems XD
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Учитавање...
Учитавање...
01.02.2015 - 08:10
How about selective approval?

Any post longer than some length (600 characters?) will be shown as "Approval Pending" until the original poster approves it. The original poster will get a notification asking him/her to review the comment.

Any shorter post will be posted immediately without need for approval.

This will still allow for free and open discussion, while ensuring that forum threads do not devolve into cluttered, incoherent, and unreadable nightmares.
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
02.02.2015 - 13:13
Написао International, 01.02.2015 at 08:10

How about selective approval?

Any post longer than some length (600 characters?) will be shown as "Approval Pending" until the original poster approves it. The original poster will get a notification asking him/her to review the comment.

Any shorter post will be posted immediately without need for approval.

This will still allow for free and open discussion, while ensuring that forum threads do not devolve into cluttered, incoherent, and unreadable nightmares.

You could still slice the crap in half to fit into the short length. Austerity works!
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
02.02.2015 - 13:18
More censorship and less freedom of speech is exactly what we need, too many cry threads
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.02.2015 - 04:29
I think it isn't necessary.
----
Believe you can and you're halfway there
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.02.2015 - 08:17
Написао Sun Tsu, 02.02.2015 at 13:18

More censorship and less freedom of speech is exactly what we need, too many cry threads

Cry threads are not what censorship would eliminate.
----
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
03.02.2015 - 08:50
Написао Columna Durruti, 03.02.2015 at 08:17

Написао Sun Tsu, 02.02.2015 at 13:18

Cry threads are not what censorship would eliminate.

Shame, cry threads are so boring and cringe worthy/embarrasing
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Учитавање...
Учитавање...
atWar

About Us
Contact

приватност | Услови сервиса | Банери | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Придружи нам се на

Прошири гласине